Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to look at a doberman puppy tomorrow but i would like to know how much bigger in hight an adult male would be over a bitch as the woman who is selling the dog has just the 1 bitch left.The price for the doberman is £650 which is quite a lot but she does seem a very good breader and both mum and dad look very nive.Here is a link to the puppy in question,its the one on the right.Mum an dad pictures are also on her site.also any tpis in buying a doberman would be great.

http://www.keetsbridgedobermanns.co.uk/

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
I'm going to look at a doberman puppy tomorrow but i would like to know how much bigger in hight an adult male would be over a bitch as the woman who is selling the dog has just the 1 bitch left.The price for the doberman is £650 which is quite a lot but she does seem a very good breader and both mum and dad look very nive.Here is a link to the puppy in question,its the one on the right.Mum an dad pictures are also on her site.also any tpis in buying a doberman would be great.

http://www.keetsbridgedobermanns.co.uk/
1 tip mate - dont pay top dollar for the last pup in the litter;) its still there for a reason

650 is far too much for a dobe. imo. - i used to breed bull terriers so i know a wee bit about the way it works!

·
Registered
122 Posts
i think but not sure a bitch might be 24inch and a dog 26,dont worry about the last dog from the litter as sometimes its the best dog,i had a doberman years ago she was the last dog in the litter and she was the greatest dog i have had ,just think if you were a breeder would you let the best go first ?cos if your stuck with one you want the best one,

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 tip mate - dont pay top dollar for the last pup in the litter;) its still there for a reason

650 is far too much for a dobe. imo. - i used to breed bull terriers so i know a wee bit about the way it works!
£650 is about average from what i have seen,some are as much as £900.Been looking for a while and anything below £600 seems to be older dogs or none pedigree/kc registered

·
Modulator
6,146 Posts
We have kept dobs for over 20 + years , £650 not a bad price for a good pedigree bitch with kc papers ect , looking at the pics you can see that they are from European stock as they are normally a tad stockier built then the American strains .
We have got sorry our daughter has a bitch , a very good dob who is large for a bitch , she is taller then most of the males we have seen .
Great dogs to have but need a firm handler ect , our 1st dob was a bitch she was the best dog that i have had the pleasure to keep and i am not afraid to say that i cried my eyes out when she passed away to heart problems :cry: , she was also the last of the litter and she had the best temperament ect i have ever known in a dog :smthumbup , good luck in what you do .

mike

·
Premium Member
11,683 Posts
All i know is that they suffer from heart problems and in generaly die young.

Beautifully dogs, my old man used to bread them when i was younger.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Nice! Always fancied a doberman.

(to own, not to have sex with)

Maybe next year I will take a look at these dogs again, supposed to be very intelligent.

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wedid buy a dobbi a few months back but we had some problems with my son around the dog as he was very scared of it.So my mother ended up having the dog off us but over time with my son visiting his gran and the dog he got use to it so we decided to get another and touch wood all seems ok.

·
Registered
21,179 Posts
I was looking to get a Dobe but I read they need a lot of excersise and cant be left for too long on their own is this true?
They require moderate excersise. You shouldnt be leaving any dog alone too long mate. Dobbs need a lot of mental stimulation, left to ther own devices can lead to problems.

Plus, it's not fair on the dog!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was looking to get a Dobe but I read they need a lot of excersise and cant be left for too long on their own is this true?
yep some dobbies seem to enjoy destroying the house,but so do alot of dogs if left for a long time,thing with excersise is dont over do it as alot of big dogs get bother with ther hips as thay get older,

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
yep

had dobbies for years...always got mine from rescue centres..2 yr olds...all good...best dog you will ever have...very much a one master dog:smthumbupcan become a little dominant over others less than the master tho,wife,kids,unkles other dogs so have to keep a check on that....miles of open running required each day...bit like an evo:mhihi:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I have 2 at the minute, have never bought from a breeder, as wakaba did mine are also rescue. Tag came with papers with a fancy name etc but not important to me so continued with Tag.

Tag is about 2.5 inches taller than zara, Tag weighs in at 47kg (at time of neutering) and Zara at 39kg (at time of spaying). My first Dobe Jasper was between the 2 in height, about an inch shorter than Tag but weighed more at 51kg.

Walk them regularly, Tag seems to have more energy than Zara and will readily do my 4.5 mile run with me, Zara i take on the shorter runs. Having said that they wear each other out on the fields:lol:

They learn quickly, very protective especially of females, but do get bored quick if left alone, destructive if not exercised regularly but fine if they are i have found.

She looks lovely mate, long and happy times together i hope:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts