Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*Special Offer for MLR BB Readers*

U Drive Cars Ltd is now up and running and would like to offer the MLR BB readers the chance to do their own back to back comparison test between the Evo 7 RS Sprint and Subaru Impreza UK STi 7 (Prodrive style).

I am ex-TWR motor racing and have set up my one man company to get people into Track Day driving utilising my many years of race track experience.

Because it's a new company I would like to offer you al a reduced rate on any Intermediate Drive bookings make before the end of May 2002. You will also get the benefit of driving the cars whilst still new.

Dates available:
Wednesday, 17 April at Castle Combe (10 places available)
Saturday, 20 April at Binbrook Airfield, Lincs (10 places available)
Wednesday, 3 May at Castle Combe (10 places available)
Saturday, 8 June at Binbrook Airfield, Lincs (10 places available)

The day will consist of 2 runs in each car. The first will be 2/3 laps to familiarise yourself with the cars and track, then a second run of 5/6 laps to have a proper go at evaluating each car. You will get this in both cars.

There is an experienced Instructor in each all the time to help those that need it, with tuition or control! Both cars have roll cages, full harness belts, on board fire extinguishers and helments with intercoms.

Special price of £145.00 inc VAT per person. Standard price £175.00 inc VAT. Everything you need is included in the price - no hidden extras.
In-car Video footage is available to record your drive (at small additional cost).

To book, please respond via emai to [email protected] with your name and address or call the office on 01869 277112 quoting ref MLR offer.

Go on, see which car is the winner for yourself.

Regards

Paul Davis

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Paul

This looks like the ideal vehicle to check which is best. :D Now I'm an unbiased none EVO owner maybe worth a shot. Or just take the EVO out to bring back fond memories. Or drive the Sti and think these Scoobies are not half bad afterall!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JF,

you didnt get that MG, did you????

I saw how their 'test crew' tried out suspension settings on the Nürburgring. It wasnt done very professionally (to say it nicely).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi

You knew the answer before you posted, so why did you bother? I didn't know they were testing at the RING, however whose personnel were doing the testing - MG or Prodrive? Consequently, your information means the car is not for sale yet! There are also cars in Oz - hot wx testing too a the moment. I expect last qtr or first qtr delivery. :D

NB. Anyone signed up to drive the STi?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not want to step on anybodies toes, but going from an Evo to a MG???!!? I thought the car pictured was just a joke (a Rover with spoilers and cheap looking logos).

Did you have enough of the Evo?

They were people from MG. And they had a great time driving on the Ring with their V8 beast. But they were slow and their approach was not very scientific. Some other people from the car industry were downright schocked about how the MG crew went about.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you have the time - I would appreciate your views either on http://www.xpower-mg.com/forum or e-mail [email protected] For instance slow explain in comparison to what? Also, worth saying we don't know which car it was - 260/385 or what goals MGR were after! Finally, the comment on the spoiler is a bit rich from an EVO VI owner!! :D

Won't say anymore here this is PeDe's thread and we are hijacking it! :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jonny,
No I have not forgoten the evening session at Donnington on the 18th July, the MLR offer which has had no takers was to get some business soon, July was too far away to list at this stage, it is on my full calendar.Also the evening sessions are very tight on time so I will only run trial drives there with either or both cars.
Not sure at the moment about the merit of MLR readers driving the Suby so may have to change the format for all of my offer dates to a double Evo run only.
I will be at Oulton on the 24th April, Castle Combe on the 27th April and Castle Combe on the 3rd May with my cars to see if any one turns up and wants a run unbooked.
Thanks for the reminder though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you Jerry, looks like the truck needs more graphics from this angle !. Sorry we were too busy to get you into the cars, there was much more interest on the day than I had expected from the lack of responce we got to the MLR offer.
Results from the day Evo |EQU| 7 Suby |EQU| 1, I wonder if I did a SIDC day if it would be the other way?.
See you soon I hope.
Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.