Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the FQ400 is a special Ed, but do you think Mitsi will ever make a factory special like the TME. I have just seen the new Scooby S203 with its unique Recaros limited to 555 units and it looks great. It’s just a pity it’s a Scooby as they are way too common for my liking. I love the thought of owning a special like the TME but I like to own a new car and love my 8, and I for one would definitely swap for a new factory special.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Only if they win the WRC at least 3 times in a row :p

FQ400 still a missed opportunity in my book, for that amount of money they could have created something truly special and unique with 'bespoke' body work and at least 450/450 power/torque

Oh well perhaps Mitsi will do it properly at a later date, heres hoping anyway :)

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Leonard said:
Only if they win the WRC at least 3 times in a row :p

FQ400 still a missed opportunity in my book, for that amount of money they could have created something truly special and unique with 'bespoke' body work and at least 450/450 power/torque

Oh well perhaps Mitsi will do it properly at a later date, heres hoping anyway :)
I think the FQ400 was a CCC invention, wasn't the TME a true Mitsubishi Japan creation or was that CCC as well?

Regards,

Mark

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't see why they need to build one to celebrate something, the Scooby S203 or the old Evo Zero Fighter, doesn't does it? Special editions also stir up interest in other models in the range too which can only be a good thing for Mitsi. If they build it in lowish numbers and make it special enough like the Scoob 22b then it would become destined to become a classic like the TME and 22b. How about:-

350 brake as standard (Not FQ fettled)
Special interior (Like S203)
Adjustable suspension.
Better brakes
More Carbon fibre
Lighter panels
WRC style bonnet
Different alloys
Wider arches.

Oh and less than 1,000 units worldwide.

How many zero fighters/Extremes were built?

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
EVO Maybe said:
I don't see why they need to build one to celebrate something,
Yeah but if you just make special editions left right and centre it just cheapens the brand *cough* scooby :D ;)

Much better to keep them to homologation specials IMO :cool:

I see the zero fighter as Mitsis attemp at a FQ400 and they did a good(ish) job unlike CCC :p

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
Wasn't the Zero Fighter a Ralliart Japan special edition? Bit like the Extreme models from Ralliart in the UK at the time so not a factory special edition. The only true factory special editions so far would be the TME and MR.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
DaveG said:
Wasn't the Zero Fighter a Ralliart Japan special edition? Bit like the Extreme models from Ralliart in the UK at the time so not a factory special edition. The only true factory special editions so far would be the TME and MR.
Yep think your right Dave not sure about the MR being a special edition though :confused: More of an evolution of the VIII wouldnt you say??? Then again I suppose the same could at a push be levelled at the TME.

·
Premium Member
11,249 Posts
TBH both the TME and MR have been built in too many numbers to be real special editions. That's where the FQ400 has the edge as a special limited edition, albeit a UK one. It fails in other areas though IMO.

The TME has the credibility of Tommi's name and what he achieved, plus the red TME with WRC stripes is a big reminder too :D. Perhaps red TME's are the closest Mitsi have come to a limited special edition ;). The TME probably had to be built for rally reasons too as Tommi rallied one under Grp A rally rules.

The MR badge is meant to mean a lot to Mitsubishi and used to give the MR's exclusivity as they couldn't really call it an Evo 9.

Not sure Mitsubishi have ever built a true special edition in the strictest sense. If they did, I'd buy one :D.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
DaveG said:
The TME probably had to be built for rally reasons too as Tommi rallied one under Grp A rally rules.

That IMO is what makes the Tommi the car to have :) :cool: (and yes the red ones with stripes are pretty iconic :rolleyes: :D )

If they made a IX with the WRC bodywork and limited it to 500 I would have one depite it looking like a pig in an Anne Summers shop :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts