Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't - but the 13K is going to cost £166 (no doubt that price is ex vat) - still got to pay for it as Station Garage are sending the invoice in the post as the granny on duty yesterday doesn't do invoicing. Also i got as a courtesy car the most gay vehicle you have ever come across - a short wheel base brand new shogun warrior with totaly pointless tiptronic - well queire as folk! :blah:

·
Registered
372 Posts
ollieb7 said:
I didn't - but the 13K is going to cost £166 (no doubt that price is ex vat) - still got to pay for it as Station Garage are sending the invoice in the post as the granny on duty yesterday doesn't do invoicing. Also i got as a courtesy car the most gay vehicle you have ever come across - a short wheel base brand new shogun warrior with totaly pointless tiptronic - well queire as folk! :blah:
Out of 4 services they have washed mine once, I think it depends on if they are busy or not. As for the courtesy car consider yourself lucky I got a 1ltr Pug 206.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
ollieb7 said:
Personally I wouldnt let the buggers come within 2 miles of the car with a grit ridden wet rag; these days I normally give specific instructions not to wash the car.

·
MLR Oldie
14,972 Posts
Re: Re: Do you get your car washed as part of the service?

GlobalGB said:
Personally I wouldnt let the buggers come within 2 miles of the car with a grit ridden wet rag; these days I normally give specific instructions not to wash the car.
Yeh same for me, when mine used to go in to Mitsubishi for a service a specifically told them not to wash it. The last thing you want is some spotty hungover teenybop **** let loose on your pride and joy with a jet wash.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Couldnt agree more with the above comments. Tell then NOT to wash your car under any circumstances.

Took my AX GT (well i was only 17) for a service and upon coming to collect it saw a lad was using a rotary buffer......he was a 14 year old doing some work experience.

When i used to sit on me bonnet, after polishing, i used to slide off it.......when he did it i seemed to spin on the spot almost.....i had the worst webbing I'd ever seen on any car.....i was gutted.

Grit on the buffer...i can only imagine he buffed it with sandpaper!!!

If only I'd known that in 9 years time I'd have me own Evo, would have been a little less gutted methinks!!!

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Re: Re: Do you get your car washed as part of the service?

GlobalGB said:
I agree. The only time I have had my car (not the Evo, thank god :) ) washed and polished by the garage, it looked dirtier than when I took it in :(

I wouldn't trust anyone to clean my Evo, other than Leonard :)

Bex :angel:

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well so far its been handed back powerwashed and vacumed on all 3 occasions but thats about it. Dont mind a hoovering but rather they didnt wash it. Rather do it myself with all my high quality gear rather than some industrial strength acid.

As for courtesy car I've had an MG, a Colt and a Grandis.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
My car usually comes back clean, I think they use a jet wash on it.

After the 1000 mile service in Perth I got the car back covered in ice :eek: It was so ******* cold (this was just after Christmas) they'd washed it but in the half hour it took me to walk back to the garage it had all frozen. Feel sorry for the guy who washed it! At least it was clean though - it went in covered in salt and other crap from driving around in the snow for 2 days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts