Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course you do- they're great little things with cheeky faces and tufts of ear-fur, but soon they'll be extinct thanks to the evil grey squirrel :(

In order to prevent this from happening, visit here and become a "friend of the red squirrel" by making a donation:

http://www.redsquirrel.org.uk/

If you don't, David Bellamy will kick down your door and open a can of whoopass on your nearest and dearest. You have been warned. :mad:

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Can't we just arm up with a double barrel shotgun and blow the shite out the little (grey) buggers away? More fun than donating to some charity I've never heard of. ;)

Leon VI said:
Of course you do- they're great little things with cheeky faces and tufts of ear-fur, but soon they'll be extinct thanks to the evil grey squirrel :(

In order to prevent this from happening, visit here and become a "friend of the red squirrel" by making a donation:

http://www.redsquirrel.org.uk/

If you don't, David Bellamy will kick down your door and open a can of whoopass on your nearest and dearest. You have been warned. :mad:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Do you care about red squirrels?

GlobalGB said:
Can't we just arm up with a double barrel shotgun and blow the shite out the little (grey) buggers away? More fun than donating to some charity I've never heard of. ;)
You evil git! :D

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Can we also get them to call for reintroducing wolves and bears back into the wilds of the UK? They were indigenous species that got killed off (by another species) as well :cool:

PS I might be heartless, but this is a clear case of survival of the fittest ie. red squirrels are just not as good at surviving as the greys.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Makes said:
Ithink theyre cute little things except for that bluddy grey one that stored its nuts under me heatshield making me engine look like it was on fire :mad:
Didn't you have some pics of the stash of nuts :eek: :eek:

I got bitten by one of the red little blighters when I was younger. We now have a rather cheeky Grey one that goes into the green house and helps himself to the nuts and also throws them everywhere. Neil is not too pleased with the mess it creates.

one of our cats is not afraid of him as we quite often see the squirrel running down the tree whilst the cat is climbing the same tree to try and catch him. The only problem is the squirrel is not brave enough to get that close to her. She will have her day. :D

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Makes said:
Ithink theyre cute little things except for that bluddy grey one that stored its nuts under me heatshield making me engine look like it was on fire :mad:
How do you know it was a grey one Julie - do they have different coloured nuts to the reds ?? ;)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
NumptyScrub said:
Can we also get them to call for reintroducing wolves and bears back into the wilds of the UK? They were indigenous species that got killed off (by another species) as well :cool:

PS I might be heartless, but this is a clear case of survival of the fittest ie. red squirrels are just not as good at surviving as the greys.
To be honest I'd welcome the re-introduction of wolves and bears to the UK, but many others wouldn't due to the fact that they can be dangerous. However, the red squirrel is our friend and would never harm us. Plus the fact that they have those mint tufts of ear-fur, like some kind of ginger tree-dwelling Lynx!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts