Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying mate just got a sweat on for a min as I bought mine on Friday and had started to convince myself it wasnt a genuine one due to it not having that plate!

I heard a little rumour that the rods on these are weak or some bad batches etc. Is it standard practice to get these changed early to avoid a tearful time later?

·
Geek Mapped
2,071 Posts
Only if you are thinking of going 360+bhp I was told, others are running 400bhp on standard rods.
I ran 364bhp with no problems :smthumbup

Hope it helps, been in this position myself,

3gan

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes all info is greatly received!
Its just such a potential minefield when you first get hold of something like this! Trying to make sure you have covered all bases and that your not going to need an engine rebuild within the first 3 months of owning such beautiful cars, because you negllected to do something basic!

·
Geek Mapped
2,071 Posts
True,
I spent everything I had on mine 4yrs ago and then cooked the clutch after 3 weeks, must have been on its way out, only option at the time was Mitsubishi and I was forking out £1200 within the first month of ownership :wallbang:
It wont take long this site is the MUTTS NUTTS and there are some great guys on here :smthumbup

3gan

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh well I guess that now days very little is terminal when it comes to a car. Unless of course you roll it! As some rapper I never heard of once said " its all about the money"!

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,881 Posts
Thanks for replying mate just got a sweat on for a min as I bought mine on Friday and had started to convince myself it wasnt a genuine one due to it not having that plate!

I heard a little rumour that the rods on these are weak or some bad batches etc. Is it standard practice to get these changed early to avoid a tearful time later?
Still might not be genuine :D Does the VIN contain CP9A-020?

·
Registered
12,391 Posts
Well someone has to buy the other colours to make the red ones look so nice!
Its kinda an in joke.

red tme owners always think there's are worth more. And if it has the rally stickers on it. jeese, becomes priceless.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I thought I detected a note of sarcasm. The only really important thing is that no matter what colour they are a lovely bit of kit.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Its all about personal taste, some people dont like Red cars, some do. Personally a TME would be my dream car, in any colour (as long as its red and stickered up :mhihi:) but thats just me, when I was looking before Red ones were definately higher priced, but doesnt mean thats what they sold for :smthumbup

1 - 20 of 32 Posts