Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's one for all you ex scooby owners. My brother has one with 16 inch wheels. I am going to upgrade my standard brakes to AP's and he needs new disks and wants to upgrade to 4 pot. Will the Brembos fit? Will the disks fit? Is this a good upgrade? Can I rip my brother off :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Simon

as long as he's got 16 inch wheels the Brembo callipers won't have enough clearance and the diametre of the disc is too big. Additionally you would have to make a special bracket and as the standard discs are one piece design they won't fit at all as you would need a different bell.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
simon,
know that scooby sport do a brembo caliper upgrade for the imprenza might be worth speaking to them or bg developments whom make all the brakets for the ap kits and mitsubishi .Heres one number anyway bg developments 0125787316

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Movit does a range of kits for the Scoob aswell with either the 993 callipers or the 996 GT monobloc callipers. They also offer different sizes for disc which are Porsche ones with separate alloy bell. They might need some spacers with the 16inch wheels for clearance. Also a rear 4 pot kit is available with drilled discs.

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, the main part (most expensive) is the caliper, right? You can definitely adapt the caliper to fit with a special bracket. You would need special discs to fit the scooby and the caliper. Basically, you buy the discs and have someone (BG?) adapt the calipers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts