Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
I don't believe so.

I guess Mitsu finally decided to drop it to keep the appearance cleaner, reduce the weight/cost and to fall in line with most other sedans (although I've always found it strange that rear wipers aren't mandatory on sedans when they are on hatchbacks etc - I know there are aerodynamic reasons for this, however if you are driving at 30mph in the rain they don't really apply).

Let's face it with the standard spoiler on the X it's not like you can see much out of the back window so a wiper wouldn't help much anyway.

·
5,456 Posts
I don't believe so.

I guess Mitsu finally decided to drop it to keep the appearance cleaner, reduce the weight/cost and to fall in line with most other sedans (although I've always found it strange that rear wipers aren't mandatory on sedans when they are on hatchbacks etc - I know there are aerodynamic reasons for this, however if you are driving at 30mph in the rain they don't really apply).

Let's face it with the standard spoiler on the X it's not like you can see much out of the back window so a wiper wouldn't help much anyway.
But at least you could see the spoiler clearly :naughty:

·
Premium Member
22,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine doesn't. And it gets on my t***s
me too :goingmad::lol:

I cant find any mention of it being an option anywhere, so guessed not, but its the only vehicle ive ever owned without a rear wiper, living in the countryside, which can be dusty, its a PITA :lol:

Stu

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Never seen one with a rear wiper. I'll be applying some kind of sealant to my rear screen so that the rain doesn't obscure my view of the spoiler :D

·
Premium Member
22,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
found this when I was googling the rear wiper

clicky

No mention of rear wipe, but what I did find interesting was the gear ratios, comparing the sst to manual. The first thing I noticed about the 6th gear on the sst was it didnt feel like a motorway cruise gear, and was similar to 5th I remember in my 5. I also thought the first gear was short. Looking at this link confirms what i thought (I think, not really use to understanding ratios)

Stu

1 - 10 of 10 Posts