Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blade mentioned these and they sound good value. I don't want to spend silly money on suspension (i.e. over £2k) but I want to improve on the original (mainly get rid of the Jap harshness) and I think these will fit the bill.
Anyone got these? Comments?
http://www.dmshocks.com.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i also woudl be very interested to hear from anyone using these ... may get in contact with the scooby owner who runs them

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know he hasn't got an EVO, but Mellow has them on his P1 (you know Simon, the really quick P1 at Oulton).

He would be a good person to talk about them. Not sure any UK EVOs have the 40mm yet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry ....only just seen this thread....Blade asked me to comment and I have replied to his request on the trackday forum under Oulton Park 23rd February.

Hope it's of some use.....

The main point I'd like to advise anyone on is that dependant on where you're purchasing them from try to negotiate different spring ratings...for Subaru (I'm sure it will be the same for EVO's too) they come with 185lb rears and 225lb fronts....great on the road but a tad too soft for track work as you'll read about in my reply to Blade
Regards
Chris

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HH6,

My car is fitted with Ralliart adjustable dampers and HKS lowering springs. Set soft-medium there is no harshness in the ride and no more side-stepping in the middle of bumpy corners, in fact feels like a P1's ride! Even on the softest setting (which is dramatically different to the hardest) the handling is remarkably unaffected, although you do lose some 'bite' on turn in. Body roll is minimal too. Great thing is you can change it very easily when the opportunity (or track) presents itself.

Not sure of the cost of the dampers as I didn't buy them, but could find the part no. if you are interested.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
what about the leda kit. It looks good value.

Mouton/mc custard/whatever was gonna fit some if my memory serves. Any commnets mc?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if it helps i know dms ( jamies rels ) his cousins and other rels live here in england and had the good fortune of meating him about 2/3 years ago . he was looking for agents to sell his stuff here in england . AVO UK are surposed to sell dms but don't tell any one about it only there own stuff . he is very good on price and loves dealing direct so a group buy would i think work and very good savings could be made ... evo400 . i have dms and they are good not as good as ohlins or reiger stuff but as good if not better than proflex kits . any one tryed leda stuff on the evo ?????????? i hate it but would like someones view !!!!! subaru lads love leda's why??????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just had a quote of from the nz distributor who appears to cost the same as dms direct

gold 40mm $nz3100 |EQU| 913 pounds
50mm $nz4800 |EQU| 1413 pounds

they now have a rally version of the 50mm which increases rear wheel travel which costs a bit more but needs different mounts or something, not required for road or track

have ordered 50mm
andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
absolute bargain mate buy buy buy . the build of the dms is very good anybody used ledas on the evo'''s??????? 50mm a must over the 40mm stuff the 60mm is over kill but nice to have if you push the car on sprints and track days ..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
60mm will present clearance issues with wider tyres, which loses you some advantage on track (less grip with narrower tyres). They also have higher unsprung weight, which is also bad.

BUT, they are massively strong. Good for flying off and landing when rallying. 50mm are strong enough to be honest!

Wonder how much to import to UK???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am up for the 40mm group buy if the price is below £1500 for the set (sounds like it would be). If anyone can arrange a group buy then let me know.
It does sound from comments above that it would be better with different spring rates, any suggestions? (bear in mind it will be mainly for the road).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

yeah cheap (well relatively anyway!) so decided i better go for it in case someone is made a mistake!
from what i can tell they are agressive on the prices at the moment to pick up business
as i say the 40 are a marketing exercise in my opinion

colin

drummond can fit springs to your specifications, will ship with whatever you want
they were reccommending 700 front (presume these are like a 7 or 70...) 550 (presumably a 5 or 5.5) rear but this is for nz roads which are a bit bumpy plus the car is driven on gravel, you may well want harder than me, there has been a few posts on what rates people have

however nz distributor was nz rally champ with his evo6 so am going to get him to have the final say, have described what i do so he will sort me out, will post what i end up with

andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Im happy to look into importing the DMS kits, does anyone have contact details/email add ????

What about the HKS Hiper kit ? £1815|PLS|vat|PLS|del (£2,150),
includes springs (which are bloody good) and I know I could
do a one-off huge discount for a group buy ???????

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
HKS not in the same league as 50mm.

Evotrak - yes I forgot DMS can supply springs, but take a looonng time - which was why we got the Eibachs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You will need helper springs too, which don't come as standard. It takes some effort to mate pillowball mounts too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts