Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fitted a few mods on sunday in my mates garage before my ECUTEK re-map @ APT i had done yesterday.

i had a near standard 260 at last years marham 30-130 so had to beat my times this year.

fitted myself on sunday:

cams
cambelt
10.5t housing
turbo elbow
hardpipe kit
turbosmart bov

already fitted:

3" tsl exhaust
hks induction kit
de-cat etc etc

heres a few pics:) they are not the best but hope you enjoy

thought i would remove intercoller spray bottle whilst im there:mhihi:

then turbo off to replace with 10.5t housing:D

then i tought i would try a KTR hard pipe kit, for what they cost i reccomend them:smthumbup

will post pics of my results from APT on another thread tomorrow:D:D:D

·
Registered
531 Posts
Is it just me or is the turbosmart dv plumbed in wrong? Looks like the pressurised side from the top intercooler pipe goes into the side port of the dv where i thought it should attatch to the bottom of the dv.

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it just me or is the turbosmart dv plumbed in wrong? Looks like the pressurised side from the top intercooler pipe goes into the side port of the dv where i thought it should attatch to the bottom of the dv.
pipes are all in correct place, sounds awsome at hight boost:D but yes you are right in a way, its not positioned in the right place, i needs positioning the other side of the rad hose so its no so close to rad fan:blush:

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
It made a mess of his garage floor by the looks of it :D

:fftopic: Did you say you were going to give me a call yesterday Jim? Give me a bell tonight after around 7ish if you want.

Andy

·
Registered
730 Posts
you've done a good job, having my cam belt done on mine at the min and new cams,turbo and housing at the same time.aslo ben set up on rolling road.
Whts the difference like to them went the work is done?

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how many miles did it have before cambelt? what condition was it?...amazing things you can do with a ramp
belt wasn't due for another 10000, but i fitted new cams so thought i might aswell do the whole lot at the same time;)

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you've done a good job, having my cam belt done on mine at the min and new cams,turbo and housing at the same time.aslo ben set up on rolling road.
Whts the difference like to them went the work is done?
WHAT CAMS YOU GING FOR MATE?

if you use a good maper you will transform the car, i know 380 isnt the biggest of all horsepower but it goes ike a train now compared to what it was:D:D:D

but i must stress mate, they key is to get a good genuine mapper as my first map at RS was crap, didnt do a thing, just ripped me off:shake:

·
Premium Member
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
any issues the the ktr kit? i've got one to fit to my 260 when the i get the time:rotz:
spot on build quality for the price you pay, and much larger than 260 pipes, but 260's do really need a smaller battery fitted, i modded my battery tray a bit to make it fit, but it is touching:eek:

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
I bet it feels like a different car Shaun, well done mate, should be a big improvement on your 30-130mph times mate.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.