Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - I fitted new bradi slotted discs less than 500miles ago on my E6 GSR. All seemed fine until recently when I now find that my old issue of under heavy to moderate breaking I am getting really severe shaking through the steering wheel.

The thing I canot fathom out os that I only get this when the cars been ran for a few miles, and hence the brakes etc are ran upto speed. I guess the question is wouldnt warped discs show up immediately and not need to be warmed up????

If this is true, what on earth could be causing this violent wheel shake?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hate to say but I dont honestly know.
I sort of remeber that they may be EBC and possible the ebc green stuff, but without checking I cannot say ( I only changed the discs and not the pads as they where fine at the time)

What are you thinking - pad change may help??

·
Registered
609 Posts
Gizmo said:

i am no expert so i cant recommend anything really. I have had 3 months of brake problems ever since i brought the car in Jan. I have spent god know how many hours searching the MLR and other sites, asked various professionals and there seems to be no 100% correct method or answer to brake judder, warping, disc variation thickness etc etc. People get it and other people don't, even with the same setup.

One thing i can safely say( i hope) is EBC don't seem to give good results with Evos, i cant recall much good being said about them on here, but then i again i know some lotus driver like them?!

I have found from research that changing the pads to a better quality one can help. I am doing this later this week, along with uprated fluid and new hoses, and also removing the stone/gravel guard to aid cooling. Hopefully this will help me.

I think at the end of the day it comes down to each individual car and driver and their own set of circumstances.

Good luck

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Gizmo said:
I hate to say but I dont honestly know.
I sort of remeber that they may be EBC and possible the ebc green stuff, but without checking I cannot say ( I only changed the discs and not the pads as they where fine at the time)

Mate u should ALWAYS replace pads when putting new discs on !

I warped a set of Pagid discs using green stuff pads in 400 miles !

Only use Ferrodo DS2500 now as they are a soft compound so reduces the risk of disc warp !

·
Registered
535 Posts
not really true about the pad replacement, mainly spouted by dealers to improve their return!!!

ideally - new discs should be 'bedded' with used pads and vice-versa....................

hope this helps
alyn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts