Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
discs

hi kev, have you spoke to mat at MG, i had mintex discs and ds2500 pads fitted,seem to work ok as you`ve seen!:smthumbup

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Des yep spoke to Mat he recons :smthumbdo but may try them as Ive got them soooo cheap !!

I already have your set-up but with DS 3000,s on :smthumbup

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I've been looking at the drilled and grooved discs from CRN products but cant quite decide yet. EBC's seem ok for less powerful, lighter cars. I had them on my Pulsar and worked ok but I can just see them warping on the Evo but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
159 Posts
don't fit EBC rubbish!! If you are serious about brakes, get PF ! Outstanding brakes.

Cheap brakes = false economy

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
that's good to know, some have complained about warping. It really does depend on how you drive your car. PF are brilliant for track but is it really worth spending that much for normal road use?? hmmmmmmmmmm decisions decisions!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hi,

There is agroup buy for DBA discs and Ferodo pads here - http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=245487

Whatever disc/pads you go for please do not buy EBC as they are simply terrible. A lot of marketing has put this company in people brains when i comes to thinking about brakes. I have only ever encountered one set of worse brake pads and that was the pads with D2 kits.

Thanks,

David

·
Premium Member
22,084 Posts
that's good to know, some have complained about warping. It really does depend on how you drive your car. PF are brilliant for track but is it really worth spending that much for normal road use?? hmmmmmmmmmm decisions decisions!!
mine were a few years old, so i dont know if quality has dropped recently or not. I didn't have a problem with warping, but did get pad deposit build up, when using redstuff pads, getting them hot sorted them everytime, with XP8's i didn't have this problem at all

if you have already got them cheap, i'd give them a try

Stu

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I destroyed a set of EBC discs and Green Stuff pads on a trackday in a 100bhp, 950kg Saxo.

I wouldn't fit them to my EVO if you gave them too me for free and paid me for the privledge. :shake:

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I've been looking at the drilled and grooved discs from CRN products but cant quite decide yet. EBC's seem ok for less powerful, lighter cars. I had them on my Pulsar and worked ok but I can just see them warping on the Evo but I may be wrong.
I have CRN Grooved on mine and cant fault them really. they aren't cracking on the surface like my drilled brembo's did, thats for sure!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Im just about to get a set of these from the front, mintex discs grooved at crn for £100 for my V. Bloody hell thats cheap, want a set whilst mine are getting skimmed to see if I can sort them, out ill let people know here how I get on. Got pagid blue pads and gonna leave them on and bed them in to the new discs, they are the best pad I have ever used but quite expensive!! As long as they dont kill the discs I should be ok.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Time to replace disc's all round has anyone had dealings with EBC grooved and slotted disc's
Please consider the PFC 2 piece floating disc's, they may be more expensive than the EBC you are asking about but you can't compare the two. Please give me a call and I will be pleased to explain the benefits of the PFC product and help you make the correct decision.

Best Regards

Paul

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
PF are brilliant for track but is it really worth spending that much for normal road use??
i have PF on the front and tarox on the back, excellent set up with PF pads all round too.

and as for the normal road use comment, YES !!

braking is first reaction to a dangerous situation and the major factor in most situations that stop you from having a accident, is stopping in time. so yes there is no alternative for stopping power.

its a life saver.

ian

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I've been running the CRN grooved discs and PF .10 pads for a few months now, they are awsome. Very sharp breaking especially when a little warmed up and the discs taken a fair bit of pounding and no sign of warping. PF discs are highly rated and there's been only good feedback from all my mates who are running them. If you can afford them, go for the PF disc and pads!

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
ebc not the best discs to buy had them on mine and they warped, few of my mates have had the same problem on there lesser powerd cars as well :smthumbdo

1 - 20 of 20 Posts