Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do all directional tyres have a rotation arrow on the sidewall ?, also bridgestone potenza RE 050a's have "outside" on the sidewall but its on the outside whatever side of the car you put the wheel on, dose that mean they are not directional.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Just had a look on the bridgstone website, www.bridgestone-eu.com they don't look directional and don't say they are but they do have an outside and inside.

The RE040 has a icon saying thay are directional, hence as the re050 does not have this it is not directional!

martin

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Is the tread pattern different across the tyre,ie less tread on the outer,i run Re070s and they say outside on them but you can tell from the tread pattern. :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes the tread is different across the tyre so need fitting properly hence the "outside" on sidewall, but i agree they are not directional. my CTR had 040's and they had a rotation arrow which meant they could only be used on one side of the car, problem solved i can have a 050 as a full size spare. smithy500 how do you rate the 070's

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
They are awesome m8 the side walls are really had so theres no give in the tyre which is what i like,i drove my m8s E4 the other day,and hes got Goodyear F1s GSD3 on,it was like the car was on jelly i did'nt like it at all,i do like a strong side wall so i can feel the car more.

can you put a picture up of the tyre ;) ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts