Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dipstick seems to have been pushed out slightly on my V, coating the engine (and my drive) in a nice bit of oil.

Wheres the best place to get new disptick o-rings and a new PCV valve in case it's (hopefully) down to one of these?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Neverneverman does a nice little spring, which holds the dipstick in place :smthumbup

Jon

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
For time being just squeeze the top of tube so it's right but can still be in use.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
You can easily test the PCV - take it out (it's just a push fit into the rocker cover) ease it out gently then disconnect from the rubber piping and blow into the end that connects to the rubber piping - if it's OK you will not be able to move air through it ???

·
Registered
303 Posts
Pesky dipsticks :frust:

·
Registered
8,232 Posts
Mine did the same when mapping it but I've got one with a spring on it so that should sort it then I can get rid of my hair and holding it at the mo

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
can get some new o rings pretty much anywhere that will fit that halfords even do them and just pop them on job done a few pence had the same problem on my old 4

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well good news is, all is well on the compression and leakdown tests.

Garage has shortened breather pipes to catch can and opened up PCV valve. Dipstick seals renewed and boost took back a fraction to 1.5bar. Apparently it's now had multiple runs at full boost with no oil fountain decorating the engine bay so looking forward to getting it back.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts