Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm after a din panel to house 3 HKS gauges which would fit underneath the stereo slot, Anyone have any ideas who makes them ? I would go for the smaller HKS gauges, a boost, oil pressure and water temp ?
Tar.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You have water temp already, I guess you meant oil temp. Ralliart has a part like that, but I believe it is way overpriced (what a surprise!). Have you seen the CAMP thing? The computer with DVD screen that has all the engine parameter info in it? It's GBP 600 (sorry dedeffa, just checked, not 500) and you can even connect an outside temp thing etc to it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Ralliart one is £465.00 |PLS| VAT last time I looked!! All it has is a black powdercoated din-sized piece of metal with the fixings at either end to attach to the cage under the stereo. If you can't find one on the market, it would take even an incompetent idiot like myself no time at all to make one. Try looking in the Demon Tweeks catalogue at the companies who manufacture the guages, and then search the net for their website. I have seen them, but can't for the life of me remember who makes them!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Daz

I have the Ralliart gauge pack fitted on my car below the stereo. I have to say it's a crap location for the boost gauge. You simply can't see it under acceleration when you need to. The temp and voltage gauges are fine there and the whole set does look good there (if thats important to you). I would urge you to spend your money on a boost gauge mounted higher up.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Daz,
If you're just after the DIN panel, I recall Alan Zini from Dragon saying (on Yahoogroups) that he does a panel with 43mm holes that are easily expandable to take the 46mm HKS gauges that fits below (or above) the radio. I saw one when I was last up there, and I believe that they aren't very expensive at all.
I decided to mount my boost gauge in the LH central air vent as I didn't want drill holes in the surrounding dash, or an A-pillar pod, but to still retain visibility whilst driving.
HTH

Geffers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hks europe,i spoke to them a few weeks ago,
the original panel listed for the evo fitted inside the glovebox !
they have now made one for the dash blank
id think co-ord should have them by now too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts