Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having had a ev04gsr evo6gsr and now a evo5rs,just trying to think where to go from an rs variant which in my eyes are the best evos,lightweight ,fast rack,short box,titanium turbo,no abs,no yaw .Thought about seven but a bit soft and heavier although a better every day driver and not worth money to upgrade as driving experiance is still of same mould .Claudius my freind have you not thought about this one if i remember rightly your running a 5rs same as mine with front lsd etc.Also out of curiosity how many people have driven a rs variant evo ie no yaw?:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have driven a 6 RS with Japanese Öhlins before. The car was very sharp and turn-in was obviously a lot better compared to my 6 GSR. The short gearing wasn't to my liking though. That particular car was very radical with magnesium wheels, Sparco racing seats and very low. The resulting comfort wasn't too much but incredible handling. Now I have better options with my suspension, but wouldn't mind the quicker rack.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Micheal k,
Bet that rs definately handled better than average,gear ratios can be a little short but depends on which box option it had and redline,im runningshort box with longer fifth and 9000 redline.Really want proflex like yours ,and magnesium wheels to lessen unsprung weight .Still thinking about gems?i cant fault it im using map sensors etc.Try putting a smaller steering wheel on instead of that metro one,maybe one off a caterman 7 should liven things up last time i seen a wheel so small was on my daughters go kart! :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bugsy

Good to see some people who enjoy drivin pure cars! Unfortunately, I have a 6 TME, but it's not too bad, I will replace the AYC with a normal RS diff (well, a revisited RS diff) and get a car that will first be pulled into the corner by my new front diff and then start coming from the back. Time for long 4 wheel drifts around my favorite roads! :D

My friend MAXI has a 5 RS, I like it a lot, it's lighter, you can feel the difference. I just dont think his suspension setup is good enough yet...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Claudius,
Sorry got you mixed up with maxi,your right about the pure cars though just think people are scared of rs due to no yaw but thats there loss,front diiff is brill,and drifting is so adjustable when using rs.Shame about maxis suspension (dynamic?) sure your on the case though.Have heard the tme uses the evo 5 strut assembly etc ,any truth in this? as thought the tme was tarmac tuned and inverted shockabsorbers(read this in a promotion leaflet)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My own car is a TME RSII with ABS and AYC. I also test drove an RS II without ABS and AYC and when driven as hard out of the corner as with the AYC it needed a lot more attention. But as my car has the quick steering rack and the other not I wasn't convinced. And with my uprated brake system the ABS is very unnoticable compared with the standard brakes. But wouldn't mind the diff Claudius has fitted.
On the other hand I drove regularly my mates Supra MK IV twin turbo with around 400hp and 580NM with traction control turned off. This gives you sweating palms. Compared to this also an EVO RS is just a toy. The pure power can light the rear tyres almost everytime and trailbraking into corners could be quite intimidating as you had to be quick at the helm. Shifting was also an art with this ZF 6 speed gearbox at low revs. But already in those days I prefered the handling of Rally derived cars.

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bugsy

I didnt mean MAXI's suspensions are bad, they are very good. They are Proflex GrN spec 3 way adjustable with separate gas canisters. I have the Dynamic, very good as well, if not better, they are smoother, more comfortable in a sense, but let you go just as fast with it. Maybe a little bit more progressive.
What I meant to say is that MAXI's suspensions do not have an ideal set up, ie. the bump or high speed bump needs adjusting, but even more the rebound. Car jumps too much.

I have no idea if the shocks in my TME are inverted, different or whatever, they HAD TO GO ;)

Now looking forward to the rear diff, the modified Öhlins suspensions (very expensive!) and the Apexi BC...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scoobymike,
Your own car is a rs2 with abs and yaw? thought the rs2 was an rs ie no yaw but fastrack and electric windows.Maybe yaw is an option or is your car a lefthooker ,just curious? Sounds a proper handful the supra that is ,wouldnt call a modded rs just a toy in comparison ,just a proper handling car and a good power to weight ratio.

claudius ,
And the 8 pot water cooled brakes :)
ps might be interested in your proflex when upgrading!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bugsy

You seem a little bit confused here. Too much info at once. I have DYNAMIC suspensions. :) not Proflex. MAXI has Proflex. I make a note in the back of my head that you are interested, but Raven mentioned this first, so if he wants them he will get them.

Hey, scoobymike has a TME, that's why he's got ABS and AYC. But the problem is that he seems happy about it!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dear Claudius

why is it a problem that I'm happy about my car? If you're not happy that's your thing. You should be driving a Subaru as you almost moan as much as Burns;).Why didn't you buy a RS in first place especially if you could have bought a Mak RS from Ralliart Germany.

Bugsy

my car is a LHD TME RSII with AYC and ABS, titanium turbo, quick steering rack, inverted struts etc.

Such a Supra is intimidating whereas an EVO still is much easier to drive due to his lower weight, not that big and 4WD.

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dear Claudius

why is it a problem that I'm happy about my car? If you're not happy that's your thing. You should be driving a Subaru as you almost moan as much as Burns;).Why didn't you buy a RS in first place especially if you could have bought a Mak RS from Ralliart Germany.

Bugsy

my car is a LHD TME RSII with AYC and ABS, titanium turbo, quick steering rack, inverted struts etc.

Such a Supra is intimidating whereas an EVO still is much easier to drive due to his lower weight, not that big and 4WD.

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Claudius

you couldn't resist, could you;)!

As long as I don't get overtaken on a twisty road by another car it's fast enough (for me). And if the other car is faster in a straight line I can still rely on my MOVIT BRAKES:D (I couldn't resist this one!)

Cheers

Mike

1 - 13 of 13 Posts