Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am wondering what the difference is between a EVO VI and EVO V body shell. Can you convert a EVO V to EVO VI.
Will the headlights bolt directly in or do they need to be modified?

Any other advice would be very helpful.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Re:Differences between EVO VI and EVO V

As far as I know they are the same apart from the front bumper, spoiler and rear wing. If you are doing the swap it might be worth getting the boot lid as well as the rear wing of a VI otherwise you will have to fill some holes in on the V bootlid when you fit the VI wing. The only other external difference (apart from badging and wheels) is that the VI has clear front indicators and the V doesn't.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Evo V vs. Evo VI bodyshell

I seem to have read somewhere that the VI bodyshell is a little stiffer than that of the V, due to additional spot welds. Anyone can confirm this?

Personally, I like the look of the V much more than the VI (maybe I'm biased). The only Evo which I think looks better is the TME. Of course, this is a purely subjective matter!

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Re:DifferencesVI and EVO V body shells

Yeah , there r structural improvements 2 the VI shell , spot welds , stiffening bits etc , however I think all the external bolt on parts just go straight on between both models.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Re:Differences between EVO VI and EVO V

believe there are about 130 spot welds on the 6 over the 5.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts