Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, what is the difference between AYC & Super AYC ?

Also can the super AYC be fitted to a 7?

If so what changes would be needed ie ecu etc?

Ta :smthumbup

PS. I have tried the search but cant find any answers? I understand this may have already been covered !!

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,848 Posts
The VII has S-AYC already (people rarely say S-AYC or SAYC, they just say AYC). It can split more torque than "normal" AYC.

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,848 Posts
"Probably", couldn't say for sure though. I think the only real diff with the GTA is the auto box, pretty sure the rest of the car is the same.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
someone had mentioned that the cams etc were different? although he was trying to make an offer on my engine at the time :lol:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had been told that there is a difference, and that they had made it SAYC on the 8 as an improvement on the 7 ?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
867 Posts
s-ayc is for viii and ix
vii has ayc
the difference is that sayc can transmit 10% more torque to the spinning wheel than ayc.
also the sayc has a different mechanical part from ayc;)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
is'nt it funny that when you post a technical question you dont get many correct answers if any answers at all .......

but when someone posts a thread that makes no sense, with a stupid question ..... everyone has an answer !!!!

Sureley someone must now if this fits a VII :wallbang:

·
Registered
867 Posts
as sayc works different you have to swap the acd ecu also,if you want to make it to work properly, for giving you the advantages of sayc.

acd ecu works for acd+sayc.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
as sayc works different you have to swap the acd ecu also,if you want to make it to work properly, for giving you the advantages of sayc.

acd ecu works for acd+sayc.
Thanks for the details Dimitris, at least someone on here has some technical knowledge of thier car !! Cheers

1 - 16 of 16 Posts