Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
road traffic was holding gun at my van & think i was a couple of mph over speed limit, and he stuck 3 fingers up at me lol. ( if i got 3 points i should of stuck 2 back at him ):mhihi: But he never pulled me in to give me a ticket,so did i have a lucky escape . :wallbang:

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
He'll have probably taken the van's details with the speed. Could be anything from a warning to points.

·
Registered
31,032 Posts
perhaps he knew you and was waving, but was previously involved in an accident where he lost his thumb and little finger :lol:

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I think you've got away with it.

I had a similar experience, where I was sure he'd got me; but didnt come after me/pull me over, etc. I never heard anything from them, so I guess you'll be ok.

I put up a similar post at the time, and IIRC the verdict was that if they're just in a normal patrol car, and dont come after you to issue a ticket, your ok :smthumbup

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
same thing happened to my old man he was speeding by a couple of miles an hour got caught by the lazer gun thingy and just got a warning letter about his speeding in his Triumph vitesse did make me snigger:mhihi: hopefully you'll get away with it

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
you never know

there is a credit crunch on - they need all the money they can get their hands on!

·
Registered
8,537 Posts
he got letter through a few weeks afterwards, surely if it was just a mile or two over you wouldn't get points. Don't they give you a mile or two over the speed limit before they start with the punishing:) somone on here must know?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I always thought they had to pull you over after they caught you using a gun.

Maybe he was just saying you were 3 mph over the limit.

·
Registered
9,312 Posts
3mph in a 30......at wrong time of day and location might be the limit for being "over" and the diff between points and not. maybe u scraped thru....

its always so hard to say. if he gunned you and didnt picture you, how exactly are they going to prosecute? Doesnt the safety camera era rely on photgraphic evidence?

maybe he was saying 3mph more and i would have come after you.....

who knows, but its a six month limit for a summons isnt it?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
more likely the 3 fingers were for 30mph

the copper has let you off, there are some good ones about

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
by the sounds of it you have got away with it, they do the same sort of thing where i live, if they catch you doing just over the 30mph limit they just normally give you 3 fingers and wave there arms at you.

its more to make you aware and scare you that punish you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts