Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was just doing some browsing on the net about the wheels on my car. They are 7 x 16 Regamaster Evo which weigh in at around 5.5kg each !!! Just glad I didn't have to buy them, the list price is $485 (£339) in the USA :D :D

Now, the question is, do I keep 'em or change up to bigger wheels ??

What are your thoughts everyone ?

Cheers

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I'm in two minds. because the body work needs doing I'm considering either a normal respray or a colour change, I thought while doing that, I should look at changing the wheels.

However, I don't think I would find wheels that light for cheap money. Maybe I'll just stick with the current colour scheme. I dunno !

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Si,
I doubt you'd find wheels that light for the right price.... All you have to do is keep them clean ;) If you need advice on keeping wheels clean, just ask Lee.

As for the colour change, what are you looking at. I think that the silver really does look good.

Andy

P.S. No longer standard now!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was thinking of a metallic/pearly blue colour, something similar to the Subaru STi blue but deeper and brighter if that makes sense !

Hmm....

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I have thought about that. Its still an option though. The other option is a lighter silver than the current one, more the like the Evo 6 colour.

Still not sure to do about the wheel though, especially when I upgrade the brakes.

Si

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since this thread has gone off on a tangent, does anyone reading this fancy putting their car on a rolling road this saturday? Please read my thread in rolling road events .

As for the wheel situation, after a bit of deliberation I will be keeping them so obviously any brake upgrade I do will have to fit within a 16 wheel. Do AP make a smaller kit than the usual 330mm ?

Si

1 - 10 of 10 Posts