Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just got one of these to fit myself (hopefully!!!) but it's not got any instructions. Any help that anyone could offer is much appreciated!! (Only had the car a couple of weeks, so dont really have any idea where anything is or what it looks like!!!), please feel free to explain in real basic idiot terms!!!

I've read that it goes on the gearbox loom or something? What exactly do I need to wire it in to and where do I find this?!!!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
i might have the destructions that you need....how many wires has yours got and what col are they?

if they are the same i will scan the destructions that i have and post them on here for you

wayne:smthumbup

·
Registered
226 Posts
if you have a test light it will be easy
coming off the speedo drive on the gearbox there are three wires
1- ign live +
2- earth -
3- speed signal

use the test light to test for the live and earth and the wire left is the signal

the speedo chip should be marked up which wires go where

hope this helps

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, sorry!!! not being rude, just ran out of posts and ad to wait until pay day before I could fully sign up!!! - Anyway....

Here's a pic of what I have

The small box has a red, greeen, yellow, black wire coming out of it, the other cable has a brown, a brown and yellow, a brown and green. The brown is connected to the yellow, the brown and yellow connected to the black and the brown and green is spare. The red and the green of the small box are also spare.
Don't know if that's of any help?

Where actually do this go and how do I get to it?!!!!

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
11,470 Posts
if that is one of the little nasty black boxs of ebay you will see it pack up sooner rather than later

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
heres the destruction that i have for the delimiter i have spare and i will try and get the pics for the other thing i was on about 2moro as it started to rain yesterday when i was busy with the car and wasnt going to go into the engine and get wet, ha ha:D

hope this helps if not let me know and wil try again for you mate

wayne

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That looks pretty good, cheers dude - now just to find the speed sensor!!.....

I'll see how I get on

·
Registered
376 Posts
Where's the best place to source one of these converters? and what sort of price are they?

Cheers,
Andrew:smthumbup

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know you can get them on eBay, but not sure what they'll be like - Wayneevo is selling one that he's got..

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, had a look at this today - where exactly is the speed sensor or whatever it is that I need to remove to fit this?!!!!
I see people go on about it being on top of the gearbox etc on 6's, but nothing about where to find it on a 4. I've found something, but just want to be sure it's the right plug before I disconnect things!!!

Sorry for being a bit of a thickie on this one!!! :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts