Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm STILL selling the Saab so no EVO yet but it does mean I'm learning ALL I need to know and getting to know you guys before I meet you on track. Here's the question...

RS, RSX and RS2. I'm sure we all agree these are probably the raw versions of the range. BUT, can I get proper information on the differences between them? Can I bugger! :)

So far I know that the RS is too raw for me. No air con at all, no leccies and crap interior,wheels,brakes, all waiting for a rally dude to do his stuff to it. Titanium turbo and a fast rack (2.2) in a lighter body with no soundproofing.

The RSX is a good one but they're rocking horse do-do. Leccies and aircon with Recaro seats but no ABS, AYC and a lighter body with no soundproofing and a titanium turbo.

Now here's the stickler. I'm seeing a few RS2's around that I might be able to afford as a brand new car hence none of my mileage issues. Question is: DO THEY HAVE THE FAST STEERING RACK ON THEM?

Other problem is I can't find a silver one.... never mind!!

Would an RS2 or RSX be ok for everyday driving and the odd motorway run with the family in tow?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Surely the quickest route to the answer about the steering rack is a call to Ralliart in Dudley and ask them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dubbs,
RSX is more than adequate for an everyday car. I've had mine for approx 14 months now and done 35,000 miles without any problems apart from a new set of tyres and pads all round. It does everything from commuting to work to the occasional trackday (only 1 so far but hopefully a few more this year) and always puts a massive grin on your face every time you drive it.

AFAIK, the RS2 is more or less the same as the RSX as the RS2 is what the RSX is based upon and so it should have the same rack.
The RS is also a pain due to the shorter gearing meaning that motorway journeys can be a bit difficult apparently.

Hope this helps

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which would mean that an RSX is just an RS2 with front fogs and a set of recaros?

Also is your dash illumination white rather than red? The RSX at Dudley doesn't look like it has the same dials as the GSR/TME. I like the red illumination (not most important thing in the world I know)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Original Post:
Surely the quickest route to the answer about the steering rack is a call to Ralliart in Dudley and ask them.
Probably but then I'd rather ask here for a completely neutral answer |PLS| I can add to my posts for a new star

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dubbs,
Yes you are right, my dash illumination is white and not the red of the TME/GSR. It also has the rear foglights fitted at the back next to the number plate rather than mounted in the bumper.

If you want a picture of my rear end :)D) then look here
You might need to register to see the pics but it doesn't take long and doesn't cost anything.

If I get chance, I'll take some photos of the dash for you and put them on the site tonight

One other thing, I've got a spec sheet showing the exact differences between all of the models but I won't be able to get that until tonight either so I can E-mail it to you when I get in if you want?

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would be really useful thanks. The RS2 at 23k (presuming sizeable discount) brand new makes the 2nd hand RSX at Ralliart V. Expensive considering there's only a couple of seats in the difference (if that's the case).

Would appreciate it if you could send the mail over Andy, whereabouts are you based?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dubbs,

Only the RS has the short ratios, in the RSII you have std GSR ratios.

All the (UK) RSII for sale have the 2.4 turns on the steering rack, not the quick one.

Dealers dont have a full margin in this car

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dubbs,
I'm based up in Warrington so not really around the Kent area...
I'll try and dig out the info tonight and send it across to you.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Original Post:
Dubbs,

Only the RS has the short ratios, in the RSII you have std GSR ratios.

All the (UK) RSII for sale have the 2.4 turns on the steering rack, not the quick one.

Dealers dont have a full margin in this car
What does that mean? (the full margin bit)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Most manufacturers have 10% margin in the cars they sell but not in the rs only 5% available

Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry about not sending the info Dubbs, I got sidetracked and completely forgot about it. At least I'm honest ;)
I'll sort it out tonight

Andy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts