Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after advertising my evo last month i kinda regretted and decided not to push its sale and withdrew the advert from pistonheads cos i were sick of timewasters. However today it appears that someone has tried to break into our house (not sure if they are after evo or not) and its made me feel a bit uneasy.
So the question is now, do i buy cctv, a rottweiler and hope for the best or do i sell it and have no worries?

I were originally selling cos i hardly use it (this hasnt changed)but now i kinda feel a bit like i wanna sell up just in case somebody is after it.

Im getting a rottweiler in a couple of months anyway but not yet, and i live in a good area and never usually have any issues like this.

And finally how much would it have to be to secure a quick, no hassle sale? I originally advertsed for 15k and said no less but im just thinkin.

And please dont message me with offers as im only thinking outloud ( unless its a really good offer):smthumbup

·
Registered
526 Posts
if you want to save your car, you better use some russian or polish "theft-defence-stuff"....they have the best ones! ...like fire-rings and fogmachines! :coolsm:
i hope nobody will harm you :mad: fuc*** bast***.....and it will even get worse....credit-crunch -> criminal-rise

·
Registered
203 Posts
This week, a mate of mine sold his red TME, standard, sports exhaust, 1 yr Mitsubishi warranty, FMSH, fabulous condition, 1 previous owner, 40k miles, UK car for just under 11k. No doubt yours will be better but 4k better? And... I am definitely NOT talking down prices since I have a fab red TME with 40k miles as well... but the reason he took 11k rather than waiting a bit longer for perhaps closer to 12ish was so he could actually sell it and move on to something else. Mind you, I tend to hoard cars and forget to sell 'em I am probably the worst guy to give advice :)

Personally, I would keep the car and get the dog :)

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i wouldnt sell for anywhere near them numbers. worth more to me if ya get what i mean?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Dont get disheartened by thieving scum mate, not worth selling ur car for that

I got a great house alarm, cost me £500 and it destroys anything that crosses the doorstep......Its german made, and never goes faulty.

Costs a bit to maintain, but worth it.....its called a Doberman ;)

·
Registered
771 Posts
I had this about a week ago, people broke into my house looking for the keys. It does make you feel uneasy and you start to wonder if its worth it. My family are on at me to sell my car now:mad:

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
Dog is a great way of protectin g house, our mastiff barks even if outside gate is opened slightly, god knows what he'd do to anyone who managed to break in.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kinda makes me mad that im even considerin selling cos of some scumbag .

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
He's a beaut mate. :smthumbup

This is a very serious thing to think about. The thieving scum that are likely to break into a house wouldn't go anywhere near a property with a large dog barking.
We've got a dopey Irish setter and even he scares the living daylights out of people who come to our door. All they hear is a loud bark and something scrabbling for the door, they have no idea of the animals intentions. The Pizza Hut guy literally almost soiled himself when he knocked at the door on Friday... :blush:
Of course, the barking dog would wake you up too... ;)

A decent PIR activated flood light and modern infrared CCTV camera would work wonders for your perceived and actual security too.

Paul

I got a great house alarm, cost me £500 and it destroys anything that crosses the doorstep......Its german made, and never goes faulty.

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
kinda makes me mad that im even considerin selling cos of some scumbag .
Dom that is ****e mate, cannot believe it:mad::mad:

did you hand your address out?

like you say you are in a good area and hidden...you shouldnt have any problems :wallbang:

hope you dont have to get rid for less than you wanted but good luck mate, hope they were after a tv or xbox rather than the car:rotz:

·
Registered
526 Posts
a dog is the best friend of man.....and a great alarm system!
i know very well the doberman. i remember of a special one called "rambo"...he was so precise. just like my border collie. little bit amusing....you are living in scotland, the homeland of all border collies ...and you have a germany doberman. i am living next to the northloop green hell and have a scottish dog. :beerchug:

he is wonderful.....and also accurate. i have him for nearly 7 years.

mate, take a dog (border-collie) for your familiy! and some put some snakes in your car. :smthumbup

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dom that is ****e mate, cannot believe it:mad::mad:

did you hand your address out?

like you say you are in a good area and hidden...you shouldnt have any problems :wallbang:

hope you dont have to get rid for less than you wanted but good luck mate, hope they were after a tv or xbox rather than the car:rotz:
no mate, tbh i dont think its connected to the evo as the garage is untouched and my mates house was broken into about a month ago and he lives jus up the road.

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
****....keep the evo locked away then just incase people are keeping tabs on the area.

hope nothing comes of again...

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i reckon i need to be buyin my rottie early, so they have a suprise if they come back

1 - 18 of 18 Posts