Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good wax for a red(pink) Evo?

I'm gonna get the bodywork machine polished, but then want to put a few coats of wax on to preserve the red

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Swissvax is meant to be very good for stopping oxidisation of the red pigment.

You may have to get it off a detailer though.

Just found a link for their website.

Its the cleaner fluid that stops the oxidisation and you can wax with a decent wax afterwards.

Link

Link2

·
North Scotland R.O
13,412 Posts
I use Blackfire Midnight Sun Carnauba Paste Wax on my palma red VII and the paint looks almost wet all of the time :coolsm:

·
Banned
591 Posts
Both the products mentioned above are good choices, but for me, the best choice for removing/preventing oxidation (which causes the fading) and delivering a knock out finish is the Werkstat Carnauba System. This comes in kit form, and comprises a chemical paint cleaner, a high quality spray wax and a neat quick detailer, plus all pads/towels, etc. Full details about it can be viewed on this link...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/werkstat-carnauba-kit-protect.html

...but more importantly, why is it so good? Because it produces the finish that can be seen on the red Porsche in the slideshow on this link...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/car-care-advice-faq.html#4.3

I'll be damned if I can get a better finish on solid red using sensibly priced products; to date I have only bettered it with Zymol Vintage, but that costs nearly £2k a pot!

Hope that helps.

:)

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The roof and bootlid are badly oxidized. Would the cleanser in that kit bring the paint up without the need for a machine polish?

·
Banned
591 Posts
If the oxidation is bad then it would be worth swapping the Prime Carnauba basecoat cleaner for Prime Strong instead, which is just that, an even more powerful version of the Prime formula. Full details here...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/werkstat-prime-strong-polish.html

We have done this for various customers before, it just means ordering over the phone instead of online. In really severe cases a harder cut back using the machine may be required, so if you have any doubts, it would be worth posting up some pictures of the affected panels so we can get a better feel for the severity of the problem. :)

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is bad, I'll get some pictures up this weekend hopefully mate. I used Megs deep crystal 3 stage system once and the finish lasted about a week!!

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
It is bad, I'll get some pictures up this weekend hopefully mate. I used Megs deep crystal 3 stage system once and the finish lasted about a week!!
The problem is some products will only mask it. With oxidisation, you need to remove it totally, then reprotect the paintwork. Another longterm option is Gtechniq's C1, it has UV filters in it.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I would recommend the Jeffs kits m8 for reds cant beat it, i used the carnuba kit but you wont go wrong with either one. Bought from Polished Bliss, i have pics back home so when i get back i will post them up.

Nice too see you on here Rich, what took you so long.

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rich,

I cant contact you through the forum for some reason.

If i were to order what you have recommended for my car, what would the turnaround be?

·
Banned
591 Posts
Sorry, I disable pm's on all of the forums I sponsor, as in the past I have got so far behind answering them that people think I'm rude! Instead, I prefer to handle everything by e-mail or over the phone, as this way no one is left out and a prompt response is guaranteed. The Werkstat Carnauba Kit is in stock and could be shipped tomorrow for delivery on Friday if you place your order with us before noon tomorrow; if you want the bespoke kit with the stronger cleaner option, then we'd need to process this over the phone anyway. I'll be in from 9am tomorrow if you want to call to go over everything and place an order - 0845 4540017 (local call rate). :smthumbup

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry, I disable pm's on all of the forums I sponsor, as in the past I have got so far behind answering them that people think I'm rude! Instead, I prefer to handle everything by e-mail or over the phone, as this way no one is left out and a prompt response is guaranteed. The Werkstat Carnauba Kit is in stock and could be shipped tomorrow for delivery on Friday if you place your order with us before noon tomorrow; if you want the bespoke kit with the stronger cleaner option, then we'd need to process this over the phone anyway. I'll be in from 9am tomorrow if you want to call to go over everything and place an order - 0845 4540017 (local call rate). :smthumbup
I probably wont get round to ordering until Monday because of work. As long as its here for Thursday next week. Ive booked the day off work to try and sort it before i goto the Isle of Man :lol:

·
Banned
591 Posts
If you order on Monday it will probably ship Tuesday morning (Mondays are mental due to having to pack the weekend's orders, so no guarantee we'd get it out the same day) and should be delivered on Wednesday (although it could be anytime on Wednesday). :smthumbup

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you order on Monday it will probably ship Tuesday morning (Mondays are mental due to having to pack the weekend's orders, so no guarantee we'd get it out the same day) and should be delivered on Wednesday (although it could be anytime on Wednesday). :smthumbup
Thats not a problem mate :smthumbup

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rich, i've just remembered i've forgotten to call you.

If i call you first thing in the morning, could you despatch it tomorrow? :)

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You know you will have to wash the car first don't you mate, can you remember how to do that? :crackup::crackup:
Too right, i've give myself a refresher course every 7-8 months :lol:

You should see the mud splatters down the side :lol:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts