Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know where can I get the decals I see on some of the Evos? For one, I would like the Mitsubishi Motors one that the Ralliart cars have on the rear spoiler (a square sticker with the dsm). The other I'm interested in, and I've seen it for sale on one website (150 quid for the pair, OUCH!), is the ralliart side graphic that extends from the door to the wings (the m8 from www.evoblast.com has it going across his car).

Any idea where i can get these? And I do mean the real deal, none of that vinyl overlayered fabricated replica . . .

thanks all

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
JIGGA,

The MMC logo for the rear spoiler is available from co-ordsport for about £25. The side graphic is also available from co-ordsport, but I didn't think it was that expensive when I bought it! These are the real deal originals.

If you want some OEM logos for Cusco, BLitz etc. - look at http://www.upauto.co.jp

If anyone else knows of where to buy logos let ME know too!

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
I emailed Co-ord a few weeks back asking about stickers but got no reply...
Let me know if you manage to get any from them..

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
People,

Don't pay silly money for stickers, not in this day and age! All you need is a downloaded file, or even a piece of paper with the logo. Any signwriting company will upload/scan the image and reproduce it authentically, very cheaply. If you have probs, I have a local signwriters that have made up some RALLI//// ///ART logos already, they have a colour grading copier too, these look superb! email me if you want!

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Andy, the only problem is that they'll be layered, meaning one on top of each. Example, ralliart over the black, two layers rather than one solid decal. I can get repro ones easily here in the States also, but they'll look fugazze, if you know what I mean. Vinyl layered over another piece of vinyl just doesn't look right to me.

unless, you technique is different...

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Like Pondy says, if the sticker can be copied from a decent source most sign companies should have a colour printer/plotter that prints any colour decal onto whatever colour of vinyl you want !

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, very true. Problem is that if one needs one copy, then you're just out of luck. The people that do these here only perform the work if you're going to order a bunch at a time, usually 100|PLS|.

The other option is the local decal shops that custom design specifically for car enthusiasts. These guys are really getting great business, specially after the Fast and Furious movie. Again, the only problem is that the lay one piece of vinyl on top of the other. Lets say you want a multicolor decal with a black background, yellow and white lettering. The letters would be layed over the main piece of black vinyl, meaning you would have 2 even 3 or more (depending on the design) stacks of vinyl layered on top of each other. Looks good from a distance, but as soon as you touch them, you know they are as fake as ever. The other option would be to place these stickers on the car, then shoot a clear coat over it all. No way in hell would I do or reccomend that. You might well change your mind later on and you certainly don't want something that's permanent.

Blade, I have tried coord website, but it's not listed. I found the decal here:
http://www.grahamgoode.com/cgi-bin/page.pl?car|EQU|mitsubishi and amp;page|EQU|merchandise.htm

This is what I want, but I refuse to pay over 200 dollars for it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Jigga have you had any luck?

A local company to me can turn a photo in decal!! Singal layer also.

They did a Transit van - 2 sides, rear and above windscreen with huge cartoon images 1m x 2m rectangular solid images in 64|PLS| colours for just over £270

I'll get there number if you like

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
I got my ralliart front sun strip from Ralliart, and it came in 2 peices, the black strip, and the text.. This is layerd vinly, and is an origional.. no probs..

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
Jigga, the best thing to do is find a few local 'Sign shops'. Take the car along with a printout of what you want along with a copy of the Ralliart decal. Let them take a few measurements, tell them you don't want it cutting but printing onto white or black vinyl and, hey presto. :) Trust me it would'nt be a problem for them.
If you lived round the corner I would do it, but hey, I'm much to busy

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Think twice before doing it. I put them on mine, and have now taken them all off (ouch, expensive!) - just got bored of them,and they attracted far too much attention.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Blade, why was it so expensive to remove them? Did you get a clear coat over the decals? As far as the attention goes, I really don't mind it. It's really a weekend car for me here, don't mind a little attention once in a while.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts