Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
apparently, it seems that the Deceleration Air Flow Correction feature in APEXi S-AFC only works on vehicle with hotwire sensor. since our EVOs are using Karman Vortech sensor, this feature is simply useless thus aftermarket VTA BOV idling/stalling problem won't be rectified by installing S-AFC. pls correct me if i'm wrong. however, HKS Super AFR with EIDS feature seems to be able to correct the idling/stalling problem associated with VTA BOV.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
we have tried for many hours to get a hks super afr to work on an evo,we never managed it
i have never found anyone who has !
they are a little out of date compared to the apexi im told.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried to install APEXi S-AFC with HKS EIDS, but they do not work together. It's one or the other. I ended up just using the S-AFC.
My VTA HKS BOV causes my revs to drop if I brake hard after |PLS|ve boost, but does not stall the engine....not a real problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You could change to HKS Bov,you will not experience any idle problems,or go back to re-circulating,if you dont like the standard one Forge do a nice bit of kit.:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
evo6tm,

did you install the EIDS RPM wire before (this should be the correct location) or after the S-AFC RPM wire splice to the ECU?! someone told me this will make a difference...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SK.......I did not do the installation. But the place (in Hong Kong) who did, install all my APEX and HKS parts. They claim to be experts (don't they all!)

If both SAFC and EIDS was installed it caused the revs to 'hunt' during idle and if given throttle the revs would climb much slower than usual.

Finally, I decided not to have the EIDS and they didn't charge me for it (very unusual in HK!)

Cheers!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Original Post:
apparently, it seems that the Deceleration Air Flow Correction feature in APEXi S-AFC only works on vehicle with hotwire sensor. since our EVOs are using Karman Vortech sensor, this feature is simply useless thus aftermarket VTA BOV idling/stalling problem won't be rectified by installing S-AFC. pls correct me if i'm wrong. however, HKS Super AFR with EIDS feature seems to be able to correct the idling/stalling problem associated with VTA BOV.
An S-AFC is not intended to correct VTA BOV stalling problems. It is there to richen / lean out the mixture so you can run more boost. My tuner measures the mixture with a SARD Analyzer and adjusts the S-AFC, then measures again. We did this on the road in 4th gear, then adjusted, measured again etc.

If you have an HKS VTA BOV, sell it and get another one. I was explained why the HKS BOV is sh it , but I forgot. Will try and find out if anyone is interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts