Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever had any dealings with Ralliart. I am desperate to buy an EVO VI RS or RSII, or maybe even an EVO VII, so I thought Ralliart was the best place to start. Living in Scotland it's difficult for me to get down there so I thought I would e-mail them. After about 10 unanswered e-mails I think I should try somewhere else. Is this a one off or is their service usually this crap. Anyway where's the best place to get an EVO VI. I want one now gimme..gimme..gimme.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've little experience in dealing with Ralliart in person (they were most helpful at the motor show).

I tried emailing them using 2 addresses on their website at the weekend, but got notification of a failed email for one of them, though one of my message appears to have got through, as Mark replied on this forum to a posting I raised here.

According to his reply, he can be emailed on [email protected]

Sorry, can't advise on locating an Evo in Scotland. If you're looking for a new one, you might try contacting your nearest Mitsi dealership. If they can't provide them, they may know somewhere else that can.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are very bad at answering emails, maybe a phone call is the way to go, either that or go and see them (pain for you though)

Before you go to Ralliart to buy a car, ask yourself a few questions
1. do I want a UK car or an Import (warrenties are now generally similar and Greys are a bit cheaper to buy)
2. am I going to mod the car? Mods may affect the warrenty, the ralliart warrenty was very restrictive on this (is it still anyone?)
3. If you are going for the 7, imports are cheaper than the UK spec (when they get released) although the UK spec does have exhaust and filter already done but you can prob add these mods for less money if you get an import. UK 7's will also be based on the RS and not the GSR.

Check out the importers and tuners page for contacts
hope this helps

R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Type R

I've been to Ralliart twice in the last 3 weeks the service they offer fantastic, also they do return calls - it may take a couple of hours or even 1/2 a day but they do call. One thing you may be interested in is that they have had problems with there web site.

Call them

I've been speaking to Colin Ward 01384 216100

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TypeR

IMO Ralliart are as good a dealer as I have dealt with. Yes, there are cases of bad service occasionally reported, but then I have also complained about the last 2 services on my BMW! I personall have never had a complaint about Ralliart, except that it can take a while for them to return calls. If you ever go there, you will understand why. The place is always buzzing and there is no rest for the sales staff. Ralliart have always treated me well and a visit to them is always an enjoyable experience.

I should warn you that there is a lot of people who aren't customers of Ralliart who enjoy knocking them. We have even had posts on this board that have alleged poor service that have later found to be false! I believe that this is because of their position in the market. I would suggest that you do a search on this site and read what has been said. Then search other companies that sell Evos.

To be fair, there are competitors who also have a good reputation and I would not deny that. Look at Warrender, for instance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ryan

Sorry M8, but I believe that some of what you say is incorrect

1. I am sure you are aware that Ralliart have nothing to do with the UK spec cars. BTW, the exhaust and filter car is a special that costs even more! UK cars are based on the RS2.

2 Ralliart and CCC are the only companies that I am aware of give a 3 year warranty. Every other importer I spoke to gives 1 year. On 6's the warranties were underwritten by CCC and yes, they are restrictive as to mods, but can you show me one that isn't? On the 7's Ralliart give their own warranty and if you have the tuning work done by them, the warranty stays intact for the 3 years! Nobody else offers that.

3. You state that Imports are a bit cheaper to buy.Well, all Evos are imports but I assume you mean unofficial imports. All GSR's are unofficial as well. Before I decided on an Extreme, I priced up the same spec GSR from Ralliart and 2 other top importers. The prices were within £200 of each other. In general, the cheaper cars are the ones that you place an order, pay a significant deposit and wait up to 8 weeks or more for your car. I am not prepared to do that.

This is not meant to be a plug for Ralliart as such, because as I mention above, there are other good importers. I hope this hasn't come over as too heavy, because it isn't meant to be - just trying to clear up misunderstandings.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Simon,

Do you know if Ralliart's warranty on the EVO VII is as comprehensive as CCC's ?

I am asking this because I didn't know that Ralliart offers its own warranty for the EVO VII.

For me the warranty issue when buying a car is the most importand one (after having all sorts of problems
with 3rd party warranties of performance cars in the past).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
type R - like i told you in a previous post, if its an rs2 you want then Mr. Black Knight is your man. Just make sure that you haggle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Simon,
it was a quick response and not extensive, just a few general pointers about buying an evo, not about ralliart

Yup ralliart have nothing to do with official UK spec cars but they do sell official 6 GSR's (not sure about the uk 7 though, anyone know?) ,yup forgot about the 2 different 7 models, doh and RS2 not RS, my bad.

The point about warrenties was also a general one, I used the restrictions on CCC warrenties as an example, as you say others are still restrictive, the point is if you are going to mod why pay for a 3 year warrenty if it will be invalid when you mod. may as well save cash and go private and get no warrenty or only a 6 month one.

again the point on greys had nothing to do with Ralliart, generally unoffical imports are cheaper that offical uk ones, this is even the case if you buy from Ralliart (or it was when I bought my car from them)

7 GSR's are all unofficial but some 6 GSR's are official....

moo!
Ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alex

I believe that Ralliarts warranty on the 7 is at least as good as CCC, if not better. I was concerned about it at first, but it is not an insurance warranty. You deal with Ralliart and they make the decisions, unlike with the 6 where they had to report to CCC and CCC made the decisions. It is because of this that CCC and Ralliart have gone their seperate ways. Ralliart have received a lot of flack over the 6 warranty issue and now want to be in control. The danger you are running now is that Ralliart will go bust and that your warranty will be worthless. This is exactly the same as with CCC. BTW, the official cars are warranteed by CCC (Mitsi UK) and not by Mitsubishi of Japan!

As you say, the warranty issue is the most important to many, but by no means all. This is why I went for Ralliart. The warranty might not be as secure as, lets say, a BMW or Ford one, but it is a lot better than the insurance warrantees offered by some. Even worse, some small importers also self warranty. A Claim for a new engine on them could, in effect, finish them off.

In addition, it is why I believe that the specs on the Extreme and S are bombproof. It might be right that you can run 375 bhp without strengthening engine internals, Custard certainly does, but would you warranty 20-30 cars for 3 years and unlimited milage. No, of course you wouldn't. You would want to build the cars with the same margin as a standard car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Today was my day off - I fielded 63 phone calls on things Evo and now I don't reply to emails!

Well I'm sorry Type R, but for once I'm on my soap box. I collect email for both [email protected] and [email protected] and if your email has gone to either of these addresses, then you have a problem your end as I have not got 10 mails from you!

Whilst it is no defence (harp music plays) every day at Ralliart my first job is to clear 50-80 emails since the previous day. Many are bizzare requests from Chile or Outer Mongolia from someone who wants a bodykit for a Delica or who is thinking of putting an Evo engine into a Chevy pickup! I have technical queries, brochure requests from kids in China and mass virus attempts from Russian rally boys!

Do we route these enquiries to CCC - no, what would be the point!. Do we ignore them - no, but if you are in the showroom/service dept then you would like us to pay a little attention to you, wouldn't you?

I often post here if it seems relevant but if you need a quick response then mail me direct - I'll try my best!

Let the bickering begin!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Type R,

Try Dicksons of Dunblane. They had a E7 in there last week, with a few goodies on it.

Speak to Niki on ........(as I run off for the number.....)......01738 477700.

A lot closer than going down south.

...John

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just bought an evo and would recomend WARRENDERS TEL 01606 776600 there is even some one there who speaks your lingo ask for ian great chap they all ways have loads of evos for sale . cant beat there warrenty they work next door to RC DEVELOPMENTS now thats what i call luck ask to speak to clive at RC jenny is better looking and she is clued up on motors to . just my luck to marry some one who hates cars . happy hunting

just say T21 EVO SENT YOU .. best regards

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I bought a UK evo VI from ralliart 2 years ago , couple of minor niggles , but in general a very positive experience with sound technical advice.( Can seem a little expensive though) however I always think of them as Petrolheads selling top cars to other petrolheads and If 'd have wanted the Hot and amp; cold schmoozing that BMW or AUDI pretend to offer - then I'd have bought German !

Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Similar to others I bought my 6 from them March 2000.
Collected from the old premises, first serviced at the new ones.
Can't fault them in any way.
Great bunch of people who will bend over backwards to help.
The comments made by simon earlier should ring true with some who post on here.
You know the type, monster moans about a company they havent used, but straight on the phone to them when they have a problem with their cars that can't be resolved elsewhere!
Yep I could have saved some money by importing the car myself or sourcing through other means, but i'm more than happy with the route i chose.
Wish they'd offered more for mine though in PX for a VII Extreme S, going for the s engine conversion for the 6 instead!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have just got a e6 from ralliart. I found them hard work to contact by email of by phone.
One problem you may have is that they don't want to hold cars. So it may be a long jorney down, just to find the car has been sold.
Having said all that, when i test drove the car it had a few little problems, brake wobble pulling to the left etc. I told them the problems and they got it all spot on for the pick up day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts