Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

I took my Evo 4 to a Mitsubishi dealer for a AYC drain refill and bleed

they drained it ok ; then refilled it ; but when it came to bleeding the computer display was in all japanese !!

They guy said a couple of fault codes were showing ( Japanese as well ) and he was unable to bleed the system ( becuase he was english :) )

Now my car is going back in this week to complete the work ( i think they plan on rigging there computer to a new EVO to see what menu option means what )

I am amazed with these problems ...

A few questions

1) has anyone else ever had this ; or is my dealer not up to
speed ?
2) the oil used was Auto transmission fluid ... is that correct ( Red stuff ! )
3) Would they need to drain it again refill and bleed ; as some old oil is still in my system ?
4) What about those fault codes ; they will never work out what they are will they ?

Sorry for my questions but I am am just so Disillusioned

Steve

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Sorry, but I fail to see why you are amazed with the problem,
The car has never been imported into the UK and there is no official info on the car.

Having said that the dealer needs MUT 3 to read the codes.

·
Super Moderator
7,386 Posts
Black Knight said:
Sorry, but I fail to see why you are amazed with the problem,
The car has never been imported into the UK and there is no official info on the car.

Having said that the dealer needs MUT 3 to read the codes.
Sorry but i disagree tony, why should this car be any different from any other evo ? our mut will allow us to read fault codes in both english or japanese.

Gary

ps if you are being told by your dealer "sorry sir this is an import our computer will not read it" they are taking the p*ss out of you so take your business elsewhere.

·
Registered
514 Posts
i had the 2 recalls done early this year on the AYC and my V developed a problem with the light sometimes staying on after done,was ok if switched off and restarted so left until 2 weeks ago took to my local mitsi dealer this time for fluid change.loads of air in the system -they bled it and 2 error codes got sorted out,well pleased

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was amazed because I thought a global company like Mitsubishi. would support their products worldwide ..... Looks like I was asking to much :rolleyes:

What about the Auto Transmission Fluid ... was that correct ??

Also they did say the Ralliart mechanic was working on my car .... I wonder if they were telling the truth :mad:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
a.y.c

i have had a problem with the a.y.c light comin on too has been in mitsi 3 times already

1. they thought it was the throttle position sensor
2. think they reset the a.y.c ecu
3. now been told there an aftermarket vavle on it that is not opening when cornerin

gettin this replace tommorow so see how that goes....

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
stevengaylor said:
my local dealer is not Ralliart but can do the ayc change no bother so Tony not all non Ralliart dealers know nothing
P.S the Ralliart dealer in Edinburgh is useless
cheers
steven
True some dealers are enthusiastic.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah . but "what about the Auto Transmission Fluid ... was that correct ??"

Someone :moon: :moon: :moon:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts