Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a dealer today who i sold my last evo too,looking at a deal on aIX he told me the car i sold him and one ive got at the moment werent uk cars as the reg didnt start with WX now my mr340 and my tommi did start with this but my other evos and to be honest most i see on the roads start with various letters like most cars depending on where the were first registered.
can anyone shed any light on this ,is it right or is he taking the ****

chris

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
he is talking shite!! registrations are issued by the dvla as we are all aware and are allocated on a geographical basis it has nothing to do with whether a vehicle is an import or not! ;)

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
sweets said:
he is talking shite!! registrations are issued by the dvla as we are all aware and are allocated on a geographical basis it has nothing to do with whether a vehicle is an import or not! ;)
What he may be referring to is that if they are CCC imports they will all have been SVAed at the same place, a place that presumably falls under this registration plate area.

I presume that you could stipulate any valid DVLA registration for your initial one though so this doesn't necessarily hold.

However, his motives for telling you this are to whittle down the already derisory trade-in he is going to offer you so it doesn't really matter if it's true or not - in Dealerland even the car he sold you last week is never good enough!

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Yup, basically WX is just the geographic area; I do not think there is any restriction on number plate assignment otherwise I would not have been able to register my car using a private number plate.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
both my VIII 's were FQ models and i thought that was what ccc called them once theyd fiddled with the gsr model so surley all fq models were imported by ccc so how can they class these as none uk imports.He actually said my old car was a german import :confused:

·
Premium Member
9,978 Posts
chrislewis said:
both my VIII 's were FQ models and i thought that was what ccc called them once theyd fiddled with the gsr model so surley all fq models were imported by ccc so how can they class these as none uk imports.He actually said my old car was a german import :confused:
I guess your dealer is one of the more typical ones (use your own expletive :) )

·
OAP
1,832 Posts
Most FQ cars seem to have the WX prefix, presumably because they are modified and SVA'd at Portbury - WX identifies the Bristol issuing office. However the dealer can put a local plate on - my 320 has a YX (Yorkshire) prefix.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Freewheelin said:
:confused: My MR320 (#271) was bought through my local main dealer and I was offered a choice of reg numbers all with the YX (Yorkshire) prefix?
System has changed in the last two weeks to allow dealers to handle the reg process themselves and use local reg numbers.

Tony.

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Martin1 said:
sorry but just to hijack the thread slightly but noticed today that my log book says mr 320 on it not 340? is this cause they come as 320 then upgraded to 340?
Yup, the 340 is a post-registration upgrade. Oddly enough though I bullied the DVLA into saying it was a 340 and got myself a new v5 issued. ;)

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Martin1 said:
sorry but just to hijack the thread slightly but noticed today that my log book says mr 320 on it not 340? is this cause they come as 320 then upgraded to 340?
The Dvla do not recognise the 340 as a proper model.
Send it back with a covering letter and they may change it.

Anybody want a cheap taxdisc!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts