Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right fellas, after a resounding "Bin them shiite graphics" call from you all, I took time this afternoon to do that very job.

The use of very hot water was chosen and I'm glaad to say the vinyl came off pretty easy with minimal adhesive left on my beauty. The problem however is that those parts of my car that were covered with the stickers are now gleaming white and are showing as a very slight advertisement for TOYO, OZ Racing etc.

So, how the hell do I rid my car of this problem, I have tried washing it and its a no-no.

Will WD40 work without affecting the paint work?

Nail varnish remover? :eek:

Please help dudes and dudettes :D

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
T cut maybe? or if that doesnt work some cutting compound from your friendly local bodyshop but be careful with that , you dont want to cut too much paint away! Whatever you use make sure to give the affected area a couple of good coats of wax afterwards.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Dunc, I'm sure I read on here somewhere that WD40 is the answer but I can't find where and I ain't riskin anything if you know what I mean ;)

Cheers all the same mate :D

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
WD40 might take the 'gluey' shite off right enough , I was kinda thinking about the 'echoes' of yer stickers , due to the fact the paint under them hasn't dulled as much as the rest of the paint on the car (which has been exposed to the sunlight) Although it would be much more of a problem on a Red car!

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dmac1969 said:
WD40 might take the 'gluey' shite off right enough , I was kinda thinking about the 'echoes' of yer stickers , due to the fact the paint under them hasn't dulled as much as the rest of the paint on the car (which has been exposed to the sunlight) Although it would be much more of a problem on a Red car!
Yeah, echoes, thats the one ;) I might give the area a wipe over with 40 then do as you said earlier to lose the echo. Nice touch mate, thanks for your help :D

Scoop, you can eat out the contents of my ass, with a spoon :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
18,323 Posts
Dude,flag down your friendly neighbourhood window cleaner and ask him to sell you some type 10 cleaner,it will work a treat,DO NOT use on bumpers,lights or black paintwork.

Cheers
Liam

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Hair dryer melts the glue,then it's just a matter of scraping it off with something like your nail, and if you have some Autoglym Tar Remover handy you can get the rest of it off ;) then just use your usuall sh*t on it :cool:

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gazzor said:
Hair dryer melts the glue,then it's just a matter of scraping it off with something like your nail, and if you have some Autoglym Tar Remover handy you can get the rest of it off ;) then just use your usuall sh*t on it :cool:
Cheers Gaz mate ;) I'll be busy tomorrrow after work then :rolleyes: :D

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Remove the remainder of the glue with turps then mop the panels using Farecla cutting compound.If you dont have access to or experience using a mop drop into your local friendly bodyshop who i"m sure will gladly do it for you for a small drink thus saving you the trouble fo having to have the doors painted after youve burnt the paint with the mop. good luck,have fun and i hope this info is not too late best wishes "Mad monk"

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
HG sticker remover will work ,buy it from a ceramic tile retailer .

Cleaned my car up a treat and all tar and oil based marks.

Then give it a god polish after rinsing down with a good detergent.

My car is white.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.