Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any idea how to properly de-mist front screen on a 5 ? Unless there is something blocking i cant feel any air coming out of top screen vents ?
Shocking when driving first thing on a cold morning .
Cheers

·
S.Wales R.O./Electrician
4,150 Posts
If you have climate control, a common fault is the motor that controls where the airflow goes seems to stick. Activate the button for air direction and see if you can hear the motor moving.

·
... now with more Bang :)
17,840 Posts
My old 6 needed this doing - I think if I remember correctly the connector had fallen off which changed the direction of the air :(

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi , yes .. can hear it moving until in the up position then no sound ..is this what Im looking at ?
Can this be done by me or a garage visit .
Cheers

·
S.Wales R.O./Electrician
4,150 Posts
It sounds like the motor is working then. Another common fault (not so much on EVOs) is the shaft snaps but that involves removing the motor from the housing.

·
Premium Member
22,095 Posts
Anybody have any idea how to properly de-mist front screen on a 5 ? Unless there is something blocking i cant feel any air coming out of top screen vents ?
Shocking when driving first thing on a cold morning .
Cheers
just checking, but do the heaters blow hot air elsewhere in the car, just not the window?

Stu

·
... now with more Bang :)
17,840 Posts
It sounds like the motor is working then. Another common fault (not so much on EVOs) is the shaft snaps but that involves removing the motor from the housing.
I don't think mine snapped just came of the fixing. The problem is I didn't fix it, so have no idea what is looks like :eek:

·
Premium Member
Regional Organiser
6,952 Posts
What you can do - until you fix it - is get yourself a (black) bottle of the Rain-X anti-fog and smear that on the inside of the screen. It will help for sure. Used on Le-Mans cars for example so it really works. Combined with the rain-X glass cleaner before you apply it If you wish too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts