Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
When removing the CAT, the sensor is usually placed on the replacement pipe. Usually a separate hole is cut in the de-cat pipe for the sensor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which car do you have?

The sensor for 5s and 6s (not sure about the rest) is fitted to a small exhaust section
just off the turbo. You will not need to alter any sensor when fitting an aftermarket
exhaust or just the decat. The full Magnex exhaust (turbo downpipe, decat, system)
can be fitted without any worry about the sensor :) Just plug and play :D

Would recommend the Magnex for price/performance and fit.

Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks my car is an Evo 4. Being quoted around £500 for the full system turbo back, decat etc, does that sound about the right price ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The price is right, that's what I payed on my E5.

IMO the clamps supplied are a bit awkward to keep tight. I eventually replaced
mine with U-clamps from Demon Tweeks (3 1/8 ) they cost about £1.50 ea.
Solid as a rock now.

Enjoy ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Moby is talking about the High Temperature Sensor fitted to the E4 original CAT, unfortunately it looks like from Spanbody onwards they are talking about the lambda sensor which is entirely different.

Moby the High Temperature Sensor can just be secured out of the way (tape or cable tie out of the way). You do not need to fit it to an aftermarket exhaust system especially if you have a de-CAT. As far as I know it is purely there to detect whether the CAT is overheating and will display a warning light on the dash, it has no other use. The sensor was removed from the E5 onwards.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
O.K so if I buy the magnex system for my evo 4, will the decat pipe have the hole pre cut, if so do I just blank it off?.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanx HH6 for the clarification on the sensor, as I said I was not sure about the rest
and was only talking from experience with E5 and E6s.

I think the Magnex decat for the E4 is similair to the E5, E6, ie no hole for the sensor
(heat sensor).

You could contact Magnex and ask them!

Cheers,
....Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
wouldnt bother if i were you, last time i spoke to them, they said they didnt do a de-cat or a front pipe for a evo.

funny that, i have bought one from dragon autosport, give them a call instead.

lee

1 - 11 of 11 Posts