Lancer Register Forum banner

DCY to RACE @ mondello Park in Irelands Pro TA

42K views 187 replies 50 participants last post by  daydayHog 
#1 ·
We are proud to be invited as a guest to race in the final of irelands PRO TIME ATTACK . In 2 weeks time DCY team we will be setting off over sea to compete against the best pro time attack cars that ireland has to offer.It will be run along side their jap fest show .

I will be driving and hoping for a podium finish , so all we need is NO RAIN and a bit of luck ........ or and a bit of support of you mlr guys;):D !

http://www.mondello.ie/

Barrie

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
No ...sticking with my original engine (too late to put it in now ) ,un-decided as yet on our plans for 2009, so their is a cheap fully built forged 2.6 for grabs if anyone wants it . loverly torque monster engine specced for mega hp , Think whitfield engines have just finished it .

#10 ·
I would expect Rain, and i would also expect the National Track to be used for the event, i will find out tomm, well the Circuit to be used and post it up here for you Barry, i'm heading to Mondello Tomm, so i'll speak to Ian.

Looking forward to seeing your car in the flesh

Alan

#17 ·
Alan, I love the back straight, down into 7A & 7B and up then into Biranne bend, Biranne can be tricky, just have to keep it planted, favourite part of the track and probably best bits of the track too. National is OK I suppose, maybe it was just the fact it was busy the day we were there that puts me off it.

#19 ·
good look baz, fly the flag high for the uk time attack series, & stop talking about driving in the rain you big poof:mhihi:

#21 ·
Good luck Barry I hope to see you there!

#24 ·
the pro class is like the top runners in club over here (from what i can gather)- examples kev atkins /sam kurr/kev horsley /m self/shane smith

we shall see . i'lll just give it my best shot and have fun !!

Lots of civics and that type of thing in their club class

#29 ·
It will be the national track and for the 1st time this year they are doing the one hot lap. I dont think there will be practice the day before though. Not sure if the pro hondas will be there, they are seriously quick. Anything under 1.03 is fast and sub 1 minute is excellent, current TA record is a low 59

I will not be in attendance though, Trax on the same day, have to cover EDC

Incidently Barrie - any particular reason you chose to blank off the watermark on the photo? If you had contacted me Id have given you a far better one to use!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.