Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anybody tell me what the DB Level of a EVO V with a standard turbo running a Full C-Tec exhaust system would be. That's the Elbow, Downpipe, Decat (not Silenced) and CAT Back system.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,488 Posts
I know a full system on a 10 is 103dB @ 5,000 - 5,500rpm.
The car tested had the following bits fitted. C-Tec manifold, Turbo downpipe and elbow, unsilenced decat and C-Tec cat back.

·
Registered
11,496 Posts
i tested the full c-tec on my IX with a manifold and intake kit, and it was 102-103db.

my X with full 3" C-TEC system complete, without silenced decat, and with C-TEC manifold, at 4750 revs is 96db. But it is loud on the road and i'd prob fit a silenced de-cat if I was keeping car. But I think car may be sold tonight. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,488 Posts
If I remember right, I believe Nigel said my system was one of the first so there may be slight changed to design which may affect noise I guess.
Of course, I could maybe just have misunderstood and made that bit up. :crackup:

PM NigelS as he may have tested it when he had fitted one. I think he has a sound meter so every chance he has readings of what the OP wants to know.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats not bad at all. From the press I thought it would be over 110 or something. Should be fine for track days then wit standard turbo and engine.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Mine with a FP white and silenced decat was 107db at Combe....

That is on a VI with Ctec mani all the way through to back..

·
Vendor
2,924 Posts
I know a full system on a 10 is 103dB @ 5,000 - 5,500rpm.
The car tested had the following bits fitted. C-Tec manifold, Turbo downpipe and elbow, unsilenced decat and C-Tec cat back.
Just to add, this is an earlier S-Ti system fitted to Cam's 500HP Evo X. The current system design is actually a touch quieter, and the silenced de-cat should reduce noise by a further 3dBA. We don't claim these are quiet, but they do make a great sound :coolsm:

This is a true 3" performance exhaust.

·
Vendor
2,924 Posts
i tested the full c-tec on my IX with a manifold and intake kit, and it was 102-103db.

my X with full 3" C-TEC system complete, without silenced decat, and with C-TEC manifold, at 4750 revs is 96db. But it is loud on the road and i'd prob fit a silenced de-cat if I was keeping car. But I think car may be sold tonight. ;)
That sounds right at that rpm Mike. We usually static test up to 5.5k rpm, hence the higher reading. The internal noise is noticeably louder in the RS over GSR due to sound deadening differences.

·
Vendor
2,924 Posts
Mine with a FP white and silenced decat was 107db at Combe....

That is on a VI with Ctec mani all the way through to back..
Combe are so inconsistent with their noise test results! I can noise test your car when it's with us Richie, I'll bet it's nowhere near 107. Combe are so nervous about upsetting locals, anything that even looks loud tends to get a silly reading :confused:

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Combe are so inconsistent with their noise test results! I can noise test your car when it's with us Richie, I'll bet it's nowhere near 107. Combe are so nervous about upsetting locals, anything that even looks loud tends to get a silly reading :confused:
Nigel that would be a great idea. Would be interesting to see if it is loud and why if so!

·
Premium Member
7,488 Posts
You can hear mine on full chat over a mile away :naughty::mhihi:!
That is what the police said to me too! He was even sitting waiting on his bike when I came round the corner :lol:

Just to add, this is an earlier S-Ti system fitted to Cam's 500HP Evo X. The current system design is actually a touch quieter, and the silenced de-cat should reduce noise by a further 3dBA. We don't claim these are quiet, but they do make a great sound :coolsm:

This is a true 3" performance exhaust.
That's what I thought you said to me but wasn't sure if I heard right. :smthumbup

1 - 20 of 40 Posts