Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right I had a Dawes fitted to my car but put a new intercooler on today GReddy VSPL looks really good.
Only problem being that the new intercooler has a hard pipe kit but there is no nipple on the hard pipe to the turbo.
I had my Dawes fitted in between the actuator and the turbo nipple but now I have no turbo nipple I dont know where to plumb it in.
Can somebody please help as I don't have a clue where to put it

Cheers

Duncan

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
yesitismine said:
Right I had a Dawes fitted to my car but put a new intercooler on today GReddy VSPL looks really good.
Only problem being that the new intercooler has a hard pipe kit but there is no nipple on the hard pipe to the turbo.
I had my Dawes fitted in between the actuator and the turbo nipple but now I have no turbo nipple I dont know where to plumb it in.
Can somebody please help as I don't have a clue where to put it

Cheers

Duncan
mate give a pm to sam he sorted mines out when it was messed up ages ago

aka evo-7 also i think rich rg motorsport

knows too

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Stu
Thats where I have plumbed it into but it was set at 1.1bar but now I am getting fuel cuts but have not moved the settings so didn't want to muck around with it incase I had put it in the wrong place.

Cheers Duncan

·
Premium Member
22,006 Posts
yesitismine said:
Cheers Stu
Thats where I have plumbed it into but it was set at 1.1bar but now I am getting fuel cuts but have not moved the settings so didn't want to muck around with it incase I had put it in the wrong place.

Cheers Duncan
Using longer pipes, especially non braided pipes allow for more expansion of the pipes, and so can lead to bigger boost spikes/peaks (thus fuel cuts), if you are not already using them, try braided, eg fuel pipe

This effect will be made worse as non braided pipe warms, it will stretch more

Stu

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Stu
All my boost pipes are fuel pipe so it aint that which is crap as I would obviously like the its ok its only that simple thing answer.

Cheers anyway

Duncan

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
If you tee off from the dump valve pipe, the boost pressure will effectively be manifold pressure and will be slightly lower than what you see at the turbo nipple. There will also be a slightly longer rise time as the pressure has to build through the inlet piping which will expand. You could also get some pressure reduction from the dump valve actuator.

The dawes device will be opening later than it did when connected to the nipple, which may well result in fuel cut inducing boost spikes.

If you can afford it get an electronic controller which should be able to react quicker and provide better boost control.

Cheers,

Simon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts