Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Well I've been a member on here for a little while, and recently paid up after importing an Evo 6 in summer.

Rather than modify or chase big bhp, I'm hoping to try and keep everything pretty much OEM, keeping it looking standard.

It started back in February when I was being made redundant, I wanted to get myself another Celica GT-Four ST205 imported from Japan to sit along side the WRC GT-Four I already owned. GT4s coming through auction at the time seemed to be pretty few and far between in the spec I wanted, so I started bidding on the odd RX7 and Evo 5. In the end, I ended up highest bidder on an Evo 6 which I didn't think I would get.

Auction pics:

After a few days I received some more pics of the Evo from the Japanese agent once it had reached their premises:

It gave me confidence it was a half decent example.

6 long weeks later, it arrived at Newcastle docks and I finally got the chance to bring her home!

Finally home and parked up with the GT-Four:

A few months have passed now and I'll update the thread with the bits I've done and plan to do.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you guys! Done a few little bits which I'll stick up on the thread, also have a long list of things I'd like to do beginning with having it fully serviced with cambelt, and also having any corrosion underneath removed and then undersealed.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is it wrong i prefer the gt4? any more pics of it? rare site these days!
Are you allowed to say things like that on the MLR?

I love the GT4, my pride on joy. I've owned it 18 months and its the 4th GT4 I've owned. I don't have many pics on my phone, but here are some fairly recent ones to give you an idea:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did you say you was looking on the auctions in February?

That was the same time Torque GT were browsing the auctions for me and I remember them showing me this car as one of my options but it went out of my price range when bidding for it :)

Small world ey.

All your cars are looking sweet. How is the Evo coming along

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you say you was looking on the auctions in February?

That was the same time Torque GT were browsing the auctions for me and I remember them showing me this car as one of my options but it went out of my price range when bidding for it :)

Small world ey.

All your cars are looking sweet. How is the Evo coming along
I started looking at the auctions in Feb but I didn't buy this until the end of April. Grade 3.5 and 59k on the clock

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For MOT I needed to sort out MPH dials and a foglight, so first I bought a set of Lockwood dials from ebay:

I then decided to fit a UK foglight switch in the dash and wired in a red bulb into the offside reverse light at the back of the car:

The car then passed its MOT which was a great weight off my mind!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I decided to protect the inside of my doors with some Bilt Hamber Dynax S50 cavity wax. I removed the door cards and coated the inside of the doors:

The door card mounting points had some surface corrosion so I decided to sort them:

I removed the mounts and bathed them in Deox-C to removed the rust:

All cleaned up, I sprayed them with Hammerite :

I'll be doing more bits like this as I go along.

I also added a Cosworth panel filter!

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
That looks lovely 😁 Love the GT4 as well.

If you've got any details on the auction place you used and any agents you'd recommend I'd love to take a look at getting one in myself if I can't find one in the UK that ticks all the boxes. Would be much appreciated please 👍

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That looks lovely 😁 Love the GT4 as well.

If you've got any details on the auction place you used and any agents you'd recommend I'd love to take a look at getting one in myself if I can't find one in the UK that ticks all the boxes. Would be much appreciated please 👍
Yeah sure, if you decide to go that route I'll give you any information I can and the contacts I used.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
A few little bits to report:

I removed the KTS coilovers as they were extremely hard, and after buying a set of very low mileage standard suspension I fitted a set of Tein lowering springs using my new strut compressor

Bought myself a set of 5 alloys off a member in here to use as spares while my standard alloys go away for refurb:

I currently have my bonnet vents off to spray them black, will get pics uploaded once refitted.

Also, I booked the car in today with GR Performance to have a full service, cambelt change, underseal, and AYC pump refurb. Can't wait to have the work done - hopefully taking the Evo to Belgium next month!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts