Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,
im in the middle of datalogging using innovate LM1 and rpm moddule, and need to use a boost reading to help me measure LOAD against RPM. ive tried to narrow down the wires on the ECU by mesuring the resistance regarding the change in voltage with boost but i've come up with nothing as it needs to be a 6V reading to work with the innovate. i can't take a reading from the original solonoid as im using a HKS evc5.

has anyone else had any joy with finding a boost signal?

cheers
kieran

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Hi

If the Evo 3 ECU is like the later ones, there is no actual boost reading that the ECU measures. Instead it uses MAS output and a couple of injector peramiters, along with things like atmospheric presure and tempreture, to calculate load.

I'm not sure about the 6V input for the LM1 though. One of the most common ways to log boost is via a GM 3 BAR MAP sensor. I'd be supprised if Logworks wasn't compatable with that, as it's very much used in the states, which is obviously a big market for Innovate, I've got the GM MAP for my car.

You could post up at the innovate web site or look on www.evolutionm.net forums. the yanks are pretty clued up about this sort of thing.

MB

1 - 2 of 2 Posts