Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK peeps ive purchased a cheapo PDa and a www.Pocketlogger.com datalogging package from the US, with the intention of using it to help tune my Apexi safc on my E2, been reading and learning a lot off the US sites but wondered if anyone on here has any info or feedback that can help with this ?.

So far ive got it all hooked up and seems to work well :) you can monitor and datalog all sorts of things including rpm, knock, airflow, lambda voltage ,fuel trims etc etc...and loadsa other things :D

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I always wondered if those would work on our cars, and coincidentally, a friend dowloaded a free logger for his car and found it to work also.

I think you need to get a wideband 02 sensor to get any real result from your tuning . Also something to control timing would be good.

·
Premium Member
16,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yer i wasnt sure, but the guys down on the nzmmc forum said it woudl be fine and it is :)... Im using it along with the safc to tune out knock to begin with which will prevent lean running, should be able to get fairly near... or at least safe fuelling, then fine tune with a wideband....watch this space :)

Cheers
Ian

·
Premium Member
16,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pda £15 off ebay and pocketlogger cable and software 120usd from www.pocketlogger.com so about £65, not bad.
I also now have the components to make a cable which can be used with one of the free loggers, i will try and make one and see how it goes :) If its ok i will maybe knock a few up as they are handy for us early evo peeps :)

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
1,008 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmm should work... although my Pocketlogger cable has a wire coming out from back of diag connector that goes into spare fuse slot to power it..... take a pic of the back side of your connector if you can so i can see which pins are used ?

Ian

·
Registered
1,008 Posts

Heres a few piccies. Sorry cameras not great close up.

There is only 3 wires that actually conect at the car end and no wire going to the fuse box. On the net have seen pics with it connecting to the fuse box, bit confused. gonna e mail the guy who sells em.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts