Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bah !
My quest for a workshop manual for the E1-3 has reached an impass. Mitsubish do one on CD-ROM, much the same as the one you can get for the E4-5-6. However they refuse to sell it to the public. They will only supply it to Mitsubishi dealers. (So why can you but one for the later model ?! makes no sense)
Are there any mitsubish dealers on here who can get/already have a copy, and have some means to lend me the
CD for a day or two. Anyone here friendly with the Ralliart bods ?
Co-ordsport won't sell me one either, even though I know they have the CD and have faxed me odd pages.

Its bloody frustrating to know the item you want is available but basic bueracracy is preventing you getting at it !

TonyC
p'd off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Have you tried any garages that are not in the UK. How about Ireland or even Australia as they may have a different attitude towards to you.

May be becuase the car is simliar to the Proton (sorry it had to be said) they may be worried that Proton dealers may get their hands on it. Or there worried that they may show the car having a fault which we dont yet know about. Wouldnt surprise me as they have had a recall for the other models.
Just a thought
Cheers
Al

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could be because proton are running evo 1-3's in rally's around the world so because mitsubishi sold the chassis etc. Proton won't let mitsubishi sell the cd-rom.
saw them on eurosport in asia etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But Proton are also running Evo 5's aswell (Proton Pert)?
Have you tried Ralliart Japan as that is who published the later E4/5 manuals.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've already considered popping into a Proton garage but it will only be of limited use...
Hmm, foreign dealers, maybe - although the guy who found this out for me did speak direct to the suppliers in Japan so I wouldn't be too hopefully.

Perhaps when the MLR visit Ralliart at the end of the year I should have a word with them when 'cornered' with a bunch of club guys. http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/Happy.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

TonyC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts