Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Are of any one you of damp experts/Surveyors (or know of one)?

Got a weird spot of damp near the front door and I've got idea where it's coming from :confused: I think it's rising but the outside wall looks completely fine...

Cheers
Kaz :smthumbup

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Is water getting in through the door frame , or if you can pop a piece of skirting off where the damp is and see if it's plastered right down to the floor......stick a picture up :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply mate.

I resealed the door frame and there's a canopy on top now but it doesn't seem to be getting any better... This was about a month ago. When you rub your hand on it, you do get a salt on the your hand but I'm unsure if this is just the paint.

Can't take skirting off as the wall is a bit bent so I screws it on well and truely properly and filled the screws holes and then paint over. Would cause a lot fo damage to get it off..

It was skimmed quite low but not to the floor.

I don't actually live there anymore so the house is currently empty which means no central heating - could that be an issue? I read something about condensation.. I do put the heating on every now and then..

Pics:

Other side of the wall

I called around some damp "experts" today and one said it's definitely rising damp and needs a damp proof course (the one where they drill it and put some membrane filler in the cavity) and the other said it needs the plaster taking off as well as the outside hole drilling and damp proofing.

I ideally need to find someone independent advise and they both said it's independent advise but I get the feeling they just want more business for themselves..

Any ideas?

Cheers
Kaz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts