Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for getting so frustrated but this is the singe most frustrating task on this PLANET! I am in need of a carbon fibre bonnet for my Evo 3 and I was so close to getting one from "Sun" had the money in hand and was leaving my house to send payment and get it shipped out but now they tell him that no courier in the UK can ship it out because of size and there is NO WAY possible of shipping it they say besides container which is like twice the cost of the bonnet alone! :eek: Can anyone out there get me a go**amn carbon bonnet for my 3 for a decent price shipped?! Looking to spend the price "Sun" was charging. Maybe a group buy or something, come on guy's more of our early evos have got to get these!

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Spend yer money on something less chav than The Sun offering for your 3. If you must chav it, it would be a lot less expennsive to buy the Sun and look at p.3instead! :D

DONT DO IT NO-OOOOO!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LoL

L-O-L! You got that right about your spelling my friend ;) I think Webster has online course for speech and typing, *search* :D Also, I am a tuner, I am not a ricer, my car is being race prepped, a carbon bonnet is a great form of weight reduction so if the oppurtunity is there for me to get one at a good price then I could care less about how it looks! :crackup: If every tuner in this world had the mentality and typing skills such as yourself we would definitely without a shadow of a DOUBT.....STILL be cavemen rollings wheels UP a hill! :crackup:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Spray the bonnet black and take the back seats out. Hey presto it looks like a taxi and weighs even less, Simple. :D

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Re: LoL

JDMEvoKid said:
Are you family to ollieb7 John? :D L-O-L! Seems so! :crackup:
ollieb7 and I seem to have the same dislike for bodykits and garish tat etc, i have a Do-luck splitter on my car but that is allowed because I like it :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Phil, I'll give it a try...

John, that is o-k :D I'm not much for body kits either, just that a carbon bonnet will do wonders and plus I', painting the car black so it won't show! :D I'll be sure to PM you pics of the car when black and carbon bonnet in tact! :D

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LoL

Any weight difference whatsoever counts buddy, a difference of 10-15 pounds is good enough....may even be more because the c/f one is about 6-8 pounds and a stock bonnet runs somwhere between 20-25+ pounds so if guy's are taking out there stereos for a weight advantage then this is valid as well now please only sensible comments from now on...to each his own but the point is either help me find one or move on..............(Ooooooooooo NO HE DIDN'T!! :crackup: Hahahaha!)

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Re: LoL

JDMEvoKid said:
L-O-L! You got that right about your spelling my friend ;) I think Webster has online course for speech and typing, *search* :D Also, I am a tuner, I am not a ricer, my car is being race prepped, a carbon bonnet is a great form of weight reduction so if the oppurtunity is there for me to get one at a good price then I could care less about how it looks! :crackup: If every tuner in this world had the mentality and typing skills such as yourself we would definitely without a shadow of a DOUBT.....STILL be cavemen rollings wheels UP a hill! :crackup:
Whats a ricer?
Are you a proffesional tuner?
Whats the name of your buisness?
What is the race you are entering?
What other weight reduction measures have you taken?
Have you fitted a cage - if so what type?
Have you had lessons on a track? - can more than often save more than a few tenths - cheaper than a bonnet too!
How many tracks have you got in the Nick Came-in ;) Islands - Mind you, you do all drive like nutters out there

Come on spill the beans about your 'oppurtunity' Technically!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts