Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone owned one of these ugly little critters?

My mate has a few rally prepared ones & reckons they'll keep up with my basic modded Evo.

I'm not after a "i want to race him & which car's better" thread. I'm just wondering if it really is as good as he says.

He says it's pushing out 150bhp & weighs hardly anything.

Imo they're strange looking cars & i doubt they'd keep up around the twisties as they're so narrow. Am i wrong?

One for sale on Ebay... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=160318021164&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

Attachments

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
I always fancied one of these as my runabout. Bit quirky looking but meant to be mint, im guessing its bit like a modern version of the old charade gtti which was meant to be a bit of a pocket rocket.

As for keeping up with an evo, maybe if the evos in need of a service, has a boot full of shopping and being driven by an old woman :D

·
Registered
395 Posts
iirc, the TR-xx is front-wheel drive only
and if the seller's claiming 150bhp, he/she has been on some bhp-increasing mind-bending drugs as standard they make approx 64bhp

I've got the very rare Cuore Avanzato TRxx-R4 = 4-cylinder version with switchable 4wheel drive 1998;
many were converted into rally cars by Harry Hockley Motorsport, for a challenge series approx 1999-2000
.....but even those with rally-mapped ecu's, bigger turbo & intercooler etc didn't achieve 150bhp !

My car is stupid-fast for just 659cc(possibly faster than the one advertised) but still won't keep up with an evo unless on 'B' roads i.e very narrow where the evos' size would hinder progress

·
Registered
860 Posts
My brother used to rally one of the Harry Hockley built cars and they are quick for 660CC, but not in the same league as an Evo. :lol:
IIRC someone bought it to put a Hyabusa engine in - That might give your Evo a run for it's money. :mhihi:

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iirc, the TR-xx is front-wheel drive only
and if the seller's claiming 150bhp, he/she has been on some bhp-increasing mind-bending drugs as standard they make approx 64bhp

I've got the very rare Cuore Avanzato TRxx-R4 = 4-cylinder version with switchable 4wheel drive 1998;
many were converted into rally cars by Harry Hockley Motorsport, for a challenge series approx 1999-2000
.....but even those with rally-mapped ecu's, bigger turbo & intercooler etc didn't achieve 150bhp !

My car is stupid-fast for just 659cc(possibly faster than the one advertised) but still won't keep up with an evo unless on 'B' roads i.e very narrow where the evos' size would hinder progress
No, you got it wrong, the Ebay seller's not saying their car has that much power!

I only put the advertisment up to show people what kind of car i was talking about :smthumbup

It's my friend who has 6 of these, Cuore Avanzato TRxx-R4 = 4-cylinder version with switchable 4wheel drive 1998 as you've stated, that were rally prepared by Harry Hockley Motorsport.

It was my friend that said at least one of his cars was pushing out 150bhp :shake: and would keep up with my Evo.

When i did a bit of research & found the standard car only put out 62bhp i didn't think you'd get 150bhp out of one :mhihi:

The only reason i asked is it such a light car & i wondered what sort of power these Harry Hockley machines DID push out.

spectre*r42, have you got any power figures for yours? :smthumbup

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bit of a late reply, sorry guys. Im going to pick one of these up in the next week or two hence why ive stumbled across this thread.

150bhp? Easy.
200bhp not impossible.
The rally converted avanzato ones were nowt special, no internal work, standard intercooler and turbo etc etc etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts