Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had this thought a few days back,maybe other peeps have had the same, what if instead of the youth of our fare and green nation sdmashing the granny out of bus shelters, phone boxes, spraying grafitti all over the show, what if we rallied them up and got them doing something bloody usefull, SMASH THE SPEED CAMERAS, it's got to be a winner.

What do you all think?

edit

if you have nothing constructive to say just save it,it's for the best,bearing in mind this is just a light hearted thread

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
y2kfireblade said:
An excellent idea, but how do we promote this to today's misunderstood youth?
Maybe start by teaching them to spell so that they can make something of themselves such that they don't need to resort to the above means?

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
y2kfireblade said:
er yeah right aidy. your right im thick as **** mate, thats why i swear, limited vocabulary and all that.
Maybe you're right. Sometimes I search and search for the appropriate adverb or adjective yet somehow "fuc*ing" just always says what I want to say. You know I f*cking mean?

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
or maybe im secure enough in myself that i dont feel the need to try and impress people in that way through internet forums. or perhaps its just best to put things in laymans terms at times.
you know aidy, ill bet your not quite as cocky and keen to upset people in real life. you really are a sad little bawbag, ill await your witty oh so intelligent reply from the safety of your pc as usual.
you know one day somebody is going to give you a severe shoeing for your arrogant smart arse remarks, honestly aidy you are the turd that wont flush,truly.

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
Originally posted by y2kfireblade
> or maybe im secure enough in myself that i dont feel the
> need to try and impress people in that way through internet forums.

Is that why you're always posting pics of yourself and talking yourself up about how hard you are?

> you know one day somebody is going to give you a severe shoeing
> for your arrogant smart arse remarks

You know, y2k, for all the people on here who say that over the net maybe you'll be the first person to say me to my face what you say on here. Been here 3 years so far and it aint happened, maybe you'll break that trend?

That is, of course, if you ever emerge from behind your keyboard and make it to a meet....

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
heavy-right-foot, surely teaching them to kill traffic cops and the CPA would be more effective in the long run? After all, it's not the camera that gives you the points and fine, it's the people who get the pictures :confused:

You could get a crack suicide squad up and running and blow up police stations and other civil service buildings to teach those thieving "scamera" operators that you don't mess with british motorists, or we kill you dead.

Unless you think that that sort of attitude might be just a teensy bit reactionary to what is, after all, just a method of bringing criminals to task. I don't demand the right to commit murder or rape, so I don't see why you are demanding the right to commit traffic offenses.

By the way, before someone mentions that speeding is "less serious" than murder, I would point out that this is already taken care of in the punishment for both crimes. I don't get 3 points and a 60 pound fine on my living license for forcing someone to pop their clogs, I get sent down for a number of years. If you want the laws changed, then talk to the legislative branch of government about it, that is their job.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
NumptyScrub said:
If you want the laws changed, then talk to the legislative branch of government about it, that is their job.
Are you sure about that? As far as speeding goes, I thought they'd delegated almost everything to unelected quangos and unaccountable chief constables years ago. ;)

·
Registered
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmmmmmm, on a serious note, i think things have gone far to far, looking at it from another veiwpoint i really would not mind paying that bit extra to put more police on the ground as that what seems to be the idea of the cameras, i may be wrong and would be more than happy to be pointed in the right dirrection.

It's an all to easy way to solve the problem of getting more revenue together, like i say, dont mind paying a few more quid in taxes, but as i need my car to get to work every day it's getting me more and more angry.

Any possotive ideas, oh, my spelling my not be the best but i'm sure most will be able to understand me, and i'm not a retard

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Colonel Mullet said:
Are you sure about that? As far as speeding goes, I thought they'd delegated almost everything to unelected quangos and unaccountable chief constables years ago. ;)
That may well be true, but what have we the people done about it? Somewhere approaching stuff all, as I recall.

The sooner people realise that we employ the government, and that they are accountable to us, the more likely we are to get those laws and policies that no one agrees with changed for the better. First up for discussion will be immediate dismissal of any government that fails to meet its manifesto promises. Second will be the immediate dismissal of any government that fails to hold a public referendum on contentious issues like, oh, going to war in Iraq, or joining EU treaties, that sort of thing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts