Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. If anyone can help solve this one I will be forever in your debt!

My E6 generates what can only be described as a cyclic droning that starts to become noticable from around 50mph and above. It used to be more pronounced on sweeping left handers e.g.. motorways etc, but it just seems tobe there all the time.
I can feel it through the steering wheel, and the rear view mirror lightly vibrates 'in time' with the drone, so I may be wrong but I suspect its coming form the front of the car and not the rear???

I was advised to try different wheels, incase on was bent / curbed. I swapped all four, but that has not really made any improvement. Could it be CV joints? I know bearing are moer of a constant drone, but just to be sure I even changed the NSF wheel bearing to no avail. Its starting to cost now!

Seriuosly, if you have come accross this before, or can help in any way I would really appreciate it

Best regards

Gizmo

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
if it was doing it on left handers then its most likely to be the OS bearings you need to change. the fronts arent too expensive, its the rears that cost £££

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wouldn't a wheel bearing drone constantly, as oppoesed to cyclically? Still any help is appreciated so I will look at this as an option. I did actually replace the NSF bearing after a few people I spoke to suggested that that it could be the source, and it made no difference

Thank you for your post - any other ideas please either PM me or post as required

Best regards,

Richard

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
theres also a problem with the output shaft bearing on the evo VI on the gearbox. you'd have to do search for the symptoms though, unless someone could tell you on here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.