Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Chaps and Chapesses

I have ordered the above diff from Bozz in the USA ([email protected] and amp; http://www.bozzperformance.com/ - Kenric has to be the most helpful guy I have ever dealt with) for $950 to replace my duff AYC diff (try saying that after a couple, a duff diff)

Does anybody have any experiance in fitting this or a similar unit. It is supposed to be similar to the Cusco AYC replacement diff the 148F but it is the type MZ unit which is better suited to the job.

Any hints and tips would be appreciated :)

Laurence

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ask them to put an invoice in the package that says that the diff is only 300 USD so u pay less duty and VAT! :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just saw a tax inspector surfing on here in the whoisonline thing. So you think I was suggesting something illegal?

Well, sue me :D http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tongue1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

LMAO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Claudius,
It's only illegal if Bozz do it ;)

Laurence,
I understand there are two types of AYC diff fitted to Evo's and Cusco make two versions of the replacement to suit. The differences mean that you have to know what type of original diff you have otherwise you could end up with a replacement kit that doesn't fit! The only way to find out what you have is to strip the original diff down and measure something (don't know what yet, no one has told me :(). I originally heard this from Claudius (I think) and it was also confirmed by Clive on here. Claudius can you shed any more light on this? Do you know what Evo's this affects, is Laurence OK with his E4?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I could swear I replied to this but nothing is there.... Hmph, try again.

Hi Colin

Thanks for that.

What you say echos something I remember reading somerewhere, but I think that related to an Eclipse or FTO... or was it a Miata? I don't know.

The Bozz boys have assured me it is the exact one for a IV GSR, the same one they fitted to their project car.

Oh well, I guess I will soon find out. Hey, I've got a 50% chance of getting it right, huh? ;)

Laurence

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It definitely relates to the AYC diff on Evo's although I don't know which models, you may well be OK on the E4, perhaps the diff was only changed on later Evo's. I believe Claudius got a Cusco diff for his E5/6 and it didn't fit...earth to Claudius come in Claudius ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts