Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something strange happened today. Parked the Pug in the garage and glanced over at Evo, not a glimer of a light from the alarm indicator. Thought that's bloody strange. Turns out all electrics are dead, only 2V across battery. Thing is I had been out in the car on Sat, did 100 miles, and nothing out of the ordinary, damn sure the battery light never came on and it wasn't raining either. No probs locking it up, alarm armed and centrally locked the doors. No evidence of having left any lights on. So any ideas on what the hell happened?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This is probably the longest shot in the history of the world.

Right here we go. A guy I used to work with had a similar problem on a Golf GTI, battery was going flat with no visible signs of battery drain. Until after about 4 new batteries and a lot of head scratching he discovered that the boot light was somehow on all the time. I can't remember what caused it exactly, something to do with the switch itself sticking I think.

I said it was a long shot, but it may be worth an investigation.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doh! Somehow left a map reading light on. Could have sworn I checked all the interior lights. Still can't believe it drained the battery so fast, oh well first time ever done that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stupid question here - does that mean that the alarm is not armed when the battery is flat, does it not have a 'back-up'?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.