Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spoken with Paul at Sandtler in Germany and I am going to order a pair of CTF disc's,
If anybody else wants a pair Email me for the price.
It is a 4-5 week delivery.
Claudius/ MichaelK,
The second set he had, has been sold, which is a real pity as I am at the Nurburgring for 3 weeks from monday and it would have been a simple job to go collect them !!!!

His English is a LOT better than my German, so NO language barriers even though he is Polish.
Regards

Tim
Blue VI

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You have mail. :) Anyone know which are the best pads to use with CTF disks - i.e. something that works on Track Days yet aren't harsh enough to rip the disks apart - Mintex/Padgid?

Also, what about fitting the disks. Are they just a straight 'bolt on' job, or do you have to mess around with shims (like on the AP 6 pot kit) to get the caliper centred with the disk?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They fit like OEMs. I use Pagid RS14 and am happy with them. No squealing, good braking, take upto 750 or 800 degree Celsius. I tried, but couldnt warp them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tim

its better to use ferodo ds2500 micheal k and me use them

good braking even on tracks are not as harsch as the pagid rs14

rs14 is full race compound these will eat the discs
ds 2500 don t eat the discs

regards

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just noticed the clock is still on last weeks time.
so i assume mail is on its way slowboy :)

Just too quick off the mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Avoid the RS 14. They just destroyed my rear discs yesterday on track. The whole disc surface is scratched and blue. They also have the nasty habit to lock the inner rear wheel when braking late into the corner. On second gear corners this might be fun but at higher speeds not very confidence inspiring.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
timespeed
i have actually ordered the last set of discs that paul had about 3 weeks ago. i have warped the orginal set on track after 4 laps!!! i am using ds2500 pads with them. every thing is fine so far with no problems but the ultimate test is track. i am going to the same track on thursday so lets see how things go :D before you commit your self to anything.

when i fitted my ds2500 i did not want to fit the rear ones as well as i was not sure if they are going to squeal. the CTF discs and ds2500 combo have not squealed at all since i got them!! i am using the standard anti squeal shims and copper slip.

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello Tim,

Hope you can get a set of Ralliart / Movit brakes for your car soon. Next time we meet on the Ring, I hope you have your Evo with you!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Tim

how's testing going on? Hope everything's fine. Thanks again for the good time we had together, spending time at the most famous race track in the world (and at the bar;)) Yesterday N.Ring convinced me to go out again despite the heavy trafic. It was worth it! N.Ring overtook me with a decisive move at the Adenauer Forst where I had my off the first evening! After getting the wheels balanced it was much better. As I told you the discs look now as new again after the pad residue got off after driving home.
We'll keep in touch and hope you get the real brakes soon

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dam.... bloody hell Tim...get me a job now m8y!!!!

Tea boy or owt, i`m not bothered!! :D

Rich.

P.S. Carnt make it Sunday, got to work instead :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ScoobyMike,

Good to meet you too, it makes a change to meet new people, as I said we usually only see the same people week in week out and it does'nt really matter where in the world we are,same old people (boring).
Glad we could be of help in ballancing your tyres for you. (thank you also from the mechanics, who had a good drink :) :) ) Carsten and I didn't get one though :((
Blagging a ride with Gerrit (Nring) made the week for me and I hope my sugestions made him a little faster ?????? under 8 mins now ???
Thursday/Friday was private so did'nt manage to get out again :( but there was some awfully expensive cars there...350|PLS| Porches Ferraris AMG mercs ect ect and a lot of the BIG money and cravat type people hogging the cockpit bar....... along with their long legged and short skirted girly's:) :) apparently they paid 3500 dm for two days exclusive use of the Nordsleife and the new Ring... jammy rich barstewards :) :)
but there again they paid........and I get paid to do it :) :)
Look forward to meeting you and Gerrit again soon.

Keep me posted on the Movit's, and talk to them nicely for me ....... please :) :)

RichW.
What a bummer :( :( ............ thought there was no overtime ?

mmmmmmmm .......Now let me think .......... do I really need a tea boy ?????????????
will have to see what I can do :)

Regards

Tim
Blue VI

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello Tim,

your advice was spot on!! The next day, (I never passed so many Porsches in one lap) it worked really well!! I owe you a beer next time. Let me know when you are back. Say 'hallo' to Carsten. I hope his new project (v6) is going well.

We must have missed eachother on Wednesday, or did you leave because of all those 'chic' types?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tim,

Been very lucky so far, there was a fire at West Burton power station (Gainsborough) last week, so we`ve been there 12 hrs Sat/Sun replacing melted cableing.....and before that every Sat at Drax.

Shame it aint gonna last though :(

Rich :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts