Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appear to have warped the set of CTF discs that I've been running. They have done about 8000 road miles and 4 or 5 trackdays. I don’t think it’s down to my abuse, I like to think I brake quite hard and late, but my callipers are still their original colour.

I bought them new from Scoobymike (hiya mate:)) last year and they were placed straight on the car. I’m wondering whether I should have put new hubs on at the same time?

I’m looking for help from our continental friends – has anybody ever bought replacement rotors for CTF discs, if so from where, or should I look for new discs? The link from the CTF site takes you to Rallylink, but it’s all in Italian. I’ve sent them a mail but haven’t had a response yet. Who else distributes CTF stuff?

The other alternative is to go for a replacement kit – been thinking about the Movit kit, mainly because you can still have shiny red callipers behind your wheels, which you can’t have with the APs :)

Thanks,

Kevin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Kevin

Bad news alround if CTFs warp like all the others! - especially as I ordered a set earlier today!

I too had trouble getting CTF to respond to my emails and am now buying the discs through a company called Sandtler Sport in Germany. Telephone (49) 232 798 6799, and ask for Paul.

If you want any more info drop me an email.

Hope you get it sorted.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OH NO!! :( I wanted to be the first one to warp them! I dont like you anymore now! :D

I havent yet bought replacement discs without bells because I havent used my car much yet. But I am surprised that you still have bright red calipers and warped discs. Maybe you warped them because you DID NOT use them hard enough? :D

Are you sure you warped them? How did you warp them? I'm surprised.

I can call the tire guy in Italy here to ask for new discs, grooves only I suppose?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Slowboy, will give Sandtler a ring.

Claudius - you're so fickle with who you like and who you don't http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tonguewink1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

It may be the way they are used - they don't really get much hammer on the road, but then they do get used on the track, and I'm not the world's hardest braker.

I noticed it a couple of track days ago. It manifests as a slight wobble on the road, but becomes more pronounced under hard use on the track.

If you could find out about new discs that would be nice, currently grooved and 'drilled' so i thinki'd want the same again. If they're warped though, is it a chance that it's the bell that's warped?

They're not worn out, should be plenty of life left in them yet.

Cheers,

Kevin.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It could be the hubs as well...

You raise an interesting point, maybe the bell is warped (?) so changing the disc wouldnt help. Dont think so though. Could the warping from the disc / hub affect the bell even though it is separate? Hmmm...

Try and email MAXI ([email protected]) regarding the discs, I am leaving Saturday for 10 days and wont have time, sorry.

I still like you!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Kevin

sorry to hear this bad news. As you said you hadn't changed bearings and hubs they stood up very well. All I can say if you ever had warped the discs and didn't exchange the above mentioned stuff before fitting new stuff it will warp again. I don't think the bell has a run out, this would need a severe knock on them somehow. I recommend to buy a new friction ring via Sandtler and exchange hub/bearings . Give them a ring.
I'm off for holidays next week (at the Ring) but if you have problems in contacting them drop me a mail and I try to help you as soon as I'm back.

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gerrit needs new hubs/bearings every 4000 km because he drives on nurnburgring a lot i have been in his car he also has vibration when braking its not the brakes but the wheelbearings.

check also if youre wheels centrate because mostly aftermarket discs have a thicker bell. so it leaves less flesh on the hub to centrate the wheels

always mount new hubs after a warped disc

do have an evo 6?

regards

andre

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the offer Mike.

Andre - will get the bearings and hubs checked out, maybe not the disks after all. Had been running Pagid RS 4-2-1 when it appeared, now runnning RS 14.

Claudius, told you you were fickle:)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
A friend of mine warped his apracing 330mm 28 mm discs with ap 6pots calipers with the same pads pagid 4-2-1 those pads are for street use and certainly not for track use this could be the problem
RS14 is good

regards

andre

1 - 12 of 12 Posts