Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Bookatrack, who do excellent days, are running at Croft on 1st October. Price is a reasonable £139, but the best think is the day is Open Pit, so you can when you like - no pesky sessions!

There are loads of spaces - probably 'cos is is a Monday.

Come on boys - who is gonna come down then?? Bargain!

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Blade

Last minute decision to go tomorrow, only twenty cars booked apparently so LOADS of track time, have really enjoyed Croft this year. I shall look out for you, am aiming to be there for around 8.30, weather permitting!

Will be driving a silver E6.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Blade

OOO AARR or should that be OOO AAAARRRGGHHH! Just about got all the mud off now, heading to Ralliart for brakes and geometry checking. Thanx for the passenger laps, very enjoyable beastie you drive, are there any fields for me to plough at Donnington????????

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Yorkie, plenty of fields at Donny mate! Shame about your spin - top driving until that point! Shame you had to go early - I grabbed the instructor and he showed me some completely different lines, and the car was really going quick then!

Did a 1.41 lap, in traffic, which is pretty good (quicker than the fiesta race car record). Obviously not as quick as 1.14 lap set by an F3000! Reckon I could do it in 1.30 with no traffic, and reckon a racing driver could do it 1.20 ish. Ended up being the fastest car there - quicker even than that Caterham (which was lapping about 3 seconds slower than me!)

Needs more power though :D

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Blade

Top time matey, as you said, it was a shame there were no super cars there to embarass, though the highlight was surely the skyline putting extra speed slots in his wing courtesy of the barriers. Glad you enjoyed croft, I really enjoy that circuit, will enjoy it even more when I have brakes and some decent tyres!!!

Limped home afterwards with knackered brakes and bald tyres as the tracking was spectacularly rearranged during my ploughing sesh. Thoroughly enjoyable day though, have they sorted your intake?

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Not sorted the intake out yet, but my magic mechanic skills seemed to sort it out nicely! Apparently the yellow caterham there was a 200bhp race prepared beastie. I was lapping 3 seconds quicker than him, not that we were timing, of course :)

Mmmm - feel that it was an expensive day yesterday for you! My tyres and brakes were absolutely fine after 100|PLS| laps.

Try uprated pads at least - and something other than Proxes!

I thought the skyline was uncrashable, after all it basically drives itself!

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Blade

Arranged today to have a full brake upgrade, pretty reasonable price too.

See you at Donny in November?

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
I am already paid up to go on the 31st Oct and 19th Nov to Donny with Bookatrack, so can't really justify a third date, as I am also going to Goodwood with Bookatrack on 12th Nov!

What brake upgrade u got?

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Blade

Ah go on, go on, go on.... just think of all those evo's on the 5th. Brake upgrade is from Ralliart, grooved discs, uprated hoses and trackday pads. All for the price of two Mitsubishi front pads!!

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Can't - I've just had the missus going mad at me! Would change them, but have paid, and there's no going back after that!

Must admit, it would have been nice! Cheap too! Can't justify Donny 3 times in 3 weeks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts