Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my bank statement arrived last month I noticed a couple of transactions which were not mine, had a closer look and found one was a company in the States and the other was a company in Hertfordshire. When I did a search on the companies on the internet they turn out to be motorbike related. I immediately contacted the credit card company who cancelled the card and sent a form through to help with their investigation. The wife is a Business Banking Manager for one of the leading high street banks and informed me that this is now a common problem, particularly due to use of cards abroad and internet fraud, one of her customers failed to check his statements and lost several thousand pounds before he realised the money had gone missing.
The [email protected] that used my card had another go a few days later, after my card had been cancelled, and I suspect he has now had a visit from Her Majestys Constabulary for a little chat.
I had recently purchased some items via a phone call, when the goods arrived the receipt contained all of my credit card details including the three figure security code on the back, I suspect some low life in the office of the company passed on these details.
Make sure you all check every item on your statement!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
This happened to a work mate of mine last year. £6k they had put on her credit card.

The people involved are now on holiday in her majesty's pleasure.

Trina

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
I must be overdue for something like this - been using my card on-line for about 5 years.
Never had a fraudulent transaction - phew.

Steve

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Happened to me in Argos afew years ago, over 2 grand - obviously someone on the tills noted my card details. Then again more recently someone in the US was using my card details, appeared to have got them from an internet transaction.

·
Registered
214 Posts
this happened to 2 people at the company I work for and they were internet related and suprice surprise they are the people that use the windows utility to emember passwords and logons etc !
1 lost 1k another had a laptop purchased on the card !
Saving your bank details or credit card details on any PC is just lazy and foolish !
IMO.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had this happen to me bout 2 months back now, lost my card and instead of the rat bag bein a honest decent person they decided to use my card.

Not the case of them taken the money only 200 coz it wasnt alot more the fact some1 has gone in and signed for items using my name, more identity taken feeling. :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts